Trust (Cana x Reader)

Ideas/Requested by: sarcastic-baka

--In this oneshot, Cana is with Lucy but Lucy cheats on her. I don't normally do oneshots where characters are with each other but this was a good idea so I used it--

Cana's POV:

Storming out of the house, I try shake my head of what I just saw but it's already embedded itself into my memories. 

I can't believe she would do something like that. I loved her. Trusted her. Clearly trust doesn't mean anything to her at all. 

I wipe my hands over my eyes, getting rid of the tears that start to spill. 

She's reduced me to tears.

I start to run. I start to run to the one person who can understand. Y/N.

I collapse at the front door and suck in breath - maybe running for ages wasn't a good idea. The lights are on in the house making it look warm and cozy. I knocked on the door, hoping they would answer with open arms. 

I was only waiting a few seconds until the door was opened. Y/N stood there in fluffy pajamas with a mug of hot chocolate in their hand. Their face scrunched up when they saw me with tears down my face and hair sticking up wildly. 

Y/N stepped back, no words were said as I entered their home. 

It was just as warm and fluffy as I had imagined. Y/N set the mug of hot chocolate on the side while they started making me one. I watched from the door as they did it in a flash and then handed me the mug. I took a sip as Y/N led me through to the living room where they sat down on the sofa. I was hesitant at first but then I joined them. 

Y/N said nothing as they stared at me with their e/c eyes, waiting for me to explain. I avoided eye contact but their gaze bore into me. Slowly, I turned my head to look at them and then the tears started all over again. 

What happened to me? I've never been reduced to tears before. And I never cry.

Y/N shuffled closer to me and rubbed my back with their free hand. I melted into their touch and took a deep breath.

"It's Lucy," I finally say. 

Y/N's eyes widen, "what happened to her?" 

"And Juvia. Together." I finish. 

Y/N's eyes harden and they stop what they were doing. "Why would she do something like that?" 

I shake my head, "I have no idea. I trusted her." 

I place my mug on the coffee table in front of my and rub my hands together in my lap. I stare down at the cream carpet and sigh. "I'm really glad I could come here, Y/N," I say. 

They laugh slightly, "my door is always open, Cana. I was just planning on a chill night doing nothing but reading." 

I manage a small smile and then I do something that both of us weren't expecting. I slide my arms around Y/N's waist and rest my head on their chest. Slowly, I feel Y/N's arms wrap around me and pull me closer as we fall into the back of the sofa. 

"Thank you," I whisper. 

I feel Y/N's fingers run through my tangled hair, "I'm always here." 

"It's funny," I scoff.

"What is?" Y/N mumbles.

"To think that it was bad for liking someone else and then Lucy goes and does that."

I feel Y/N stiffen, "you...you like someone?" 

I freeze, did I just let that slip? Crap! 

"I, umm," I stutter. Then I sigh, there's no point in hiding it, "yeah, I do. I like this beautiful person with e/c eyes and stunning h/l h/c. They have this perfect smile that I can't help but stare at and a flawless figure. And best of all, they're in my arms right now." 

Y/N lifts my chin up so I am looking at them. Then I feel their soft lips touch mine. I deepen the kiss and tighten my grip around their waist. We pull away and they place a small kiss on my forehead. 

"Well it's a good thing that I like you too," they laugh. 

Trust. 

I can trust Y/N. 

And I know that they won't hurt me.