Boots on the Roof (Modern AU)(Gajeel x Reader)

--I'm getting to all the Christmas stuff now, just you wait--

--This will contain some swearing--

You were snuggled up in bed, just watching the ceiling. Gajeel wasn't home yet and you were beginning to wonder if anything had happened to him. The more that you thought about it, the more a deep pit began to form in your stomach.

It was Christmas soon. 

He couldn't miss Christmas. 

And then you heard something on the roof. 

Footsteps? 

Who could that be? 

Then another sound. Someone chuckling to themselves and the ringing of bells, "ho ho ho!" 

You groaned to yourself, what is Gajeel doing up there? You forced yourself out of bed, already missing the warm little cocoon you had made for yourself. Shuffling outside, you wrapped your dressing gown closer around you and unlocked the door. You trudged through the snow and peered up at Gajeel. 

He hadn't noticed you yet.

And then...

"Ho ho holy shit!" He shouted as he finally saw you looking up at him. 

You tapped your foot in the snow as you just stared up at him, "I would question this. But I'm deciding not to." 

Gajeel looked down at you from the roof, "uhh..." 

"Come down! It must be cold up there!" You shouted. 

He waited for a bit, "or you could come up here and we could watch the stars," he said. 

"I'm in my pajamas," you stated. 

"This is a big coat. Could fit two," he reasoned. 

You rolled your eyes but walked over to him anyway and he helped you up.

"If I freeze to death then I'm blaming you," you warned him. 

He only laughed at your comment but held you tighter in his grip.