Chapter 17

Two weeks.

It had been two weeks since. Summer is almost ended, and yet Lily remained in Paris. Peter, well, we have no idea where. He'd just give us short replies every time we'd text him.

I felt guilty having to let him know. Marcus certainly was too, but he said it wasn't our fault and that I should stop chastising myself. Peter was definitely hurt when he left us abruptly.

That same night, I gave Lily a detailed account of how I've spilled the beans. She didn't answer me, although I was sure she'd read my message. It made the guilt heavier to bear, and I cried on Marcus' shoulders that I have perhaps, lost two of my favorite persons on this earth.

Those two weeks Lily and Peter was no-show, Marcus and I would hang out almost everyday. We would take his dogs for a walk around the village, and though I was scared of dogs in general, I couldn't help but warm up on his husky pups. At nights we would watch a movie or two, until I'd be too tired and too sleepy to think.

Like tonight. Marcus and I were watching The Dog Whisperer when halfway through the movie, Mom called from outside my door, saying that Peter was there.

Peter...

I palpitated, and waited nervously as Marcus opened the door.

Peter smiled at me and said, "Hey."

Marcus had to excuse himself after a call from his parents, leaving Peter and me.

Peter looked at me, and my face must've shown how martyr I was being sitting there watching the movie that he turned off the player. Switched cds. When I saw what movie, I patted him on the back. "Good boy. Now we're really watching."

I stared dreamily as A Walk In The Clouds' opening credits came to view.

"You said you've watched this movie a thousand times already." Peter huffed.

"I did."

"Then why watch it?"

"Because you put it there, ulyanin." I ducked as Peter threatened to hit me with the pillow. "Okay, okay. Because... have you watched it?"

"Not yet."

"That's it then." I raised my brows playfully. "We'll watch it because this is your golden opportunity to watch it."

Peter snorted but settled once again. And then I was sure he was so engrossed after that, the man had not said a word after the first twenty minutes. And as time stretched, so did the silence. I knew now that like me, Peter found the story interesting.

On the screen was the vineyard named Las Nubes. The Clouds.

"Do you know what Avril Lavigne means?" I asked him to at least diffuse the silence.

No answer from Peter.

"It means, April the Vineyard."

"Whatever," he hissed, and my eyes widened. Kaya pala. On the screen was the character's first kissing scene.

"Uy, the best part," I said, rubbing my palms together. Peter merely shushed me to silence to which I replied with a roll of my eyes. And then like him, I too was mesmerized by the kiss.

Peter was quiet on his end while I wailed, "That's definitely a ten," referring to the kiss. Never mind if I seemed like nagpaparinig to him. Peter wouldn't know anyway.

"How can you know that, you don't entertain suitors? You're not even inlove with anyone." Peter was skeptical, unamused and sarcastic... the handsome devil!

"Who says? You don't know, no? Magaling ako magtago. And Marcus and I just.." Then I looked away afraid that he'd see the truth in my eyes.

"That was not a kiss." His words were spoken like he was so sure of it. His eyes were blazing as he looked at me.