Chapter 15

Peter

She didn't call. Again.

And if I did, she'd sing me another stupid song again.

Do I really have to do all the calling? Make the first move? What was I expecting anyway? She had known me as the one who initiated. The one who always give the orders. Dammit! Why do I miss her like hell anyway? Why do I crave for the sound of her voice anyway? She was having a good time there, the little chick! Why would she bother with me anyway? I was just a friend.

Dammit.

Lily fought me like a tigress before she left. And she was so excited by the prospect of leaving she didn't bother to ask me if I can afford coming with her. Of course I can afford Paris. I can afford going anywhere. But did she ask? No. Like she had some plans that didn't include me.

And my guilt is simply more unbearable by the minute.

Shanni

I'm going home. Wohoo! I'm going home earlier than Lily, and that's a head start. But hey, I'm not moving in like a hyena on a lion's kill, okay? I'm afraid of seeing Peter. I don't know how I can face him, knowing what I knew.

After all, it was like I'm stabbing him in the back, too. Keeping Lily's secret...

Lily

Oh, I know Gabi's angry and Shanni's shocked.

But I'm having fun.

No one can stop me.

Marcus

Next sem is in two weeks. Am I still part of their club?

Shanni

Oh, no! Marcus will be expecting my answer when I get home! Shall I say yes na ba? No? But Lily would tease me to death! And Peter... Peter was somehow expecting this... Dito na lang kaya ako sa Japan forever?

Lily

Galit pa rin si Peter. Oh, heck! Nahawa na ko kay Shanni. What I mean is, galit pa rin si Gabi. My Gabi. Come to think of it, there was no call from him since I left...

Marcus

Oh, wow. Shanni's calling!

Shanni

Umm, Marc, can you keep a secret?

Peter

Tagal naman ni Shanni....