Chapter 41

"Cora?"

I jumped, but I couldn't move because I was being tightly held to something; someone.

"Hi." I whispered and Colton sighed, mumbling something under his breath before he held me even tighter.

"Thank fucking god." He finally spoke loudly enough for me to hear and I small sob escaped from my mouth. "You don't need to cry anymore, you know?" He told me,"No ones going to hurt you."

"I don't care about me, this was never about me. I was so scared." I cried into his chest. "When Stefan came and told me, I didn't feel sad, I was just scared. I was scared of what would happen to me without you. I don't know who I am without you."

"Oh baby." He whispered into my ear and I clutched his arm that was around my waist tightly.

"I love you." I told him.

"I know."

I warm feeling crawled into my stomach and i relaxed in his arms. We were in our room now. After the bullet was pulled out, we took Colton home. Trey was hesitant because he wanted to take him to the hospital in case something happened, but Stacey just told him to shut up. 

I looked over to the clock and read that it was 5 in the morning, so I fell back to sleep with the feeling of Colton stroking my hair.

--

I woke up again at 9. Colton was still asleep and usually I would wake him to annoy him, but even I knew he needed to rest. I pulled his arm from my body, and he groaned under his breath, his hand searching the bed for my body. I sighed and sat at the end of the bed, just watching.

Watching the way he moved and the way his lips pouted and his eyelashes fluttered. He was so beautiful

I remember the night he took me so clearly. I was terrified and so vulnerable. I hated Colton. I remember that clearer than anything else, but the transition from love to hate was so fast I don't even know when it happened; and today I finally realise what it means when people say theirs a thin line between love and hate.

I love Colton with my whole body, not just my heart.

I got up and walked downstairs, where I could hear faint chatter. 

"Morning." I mumbled and Smarties, Trey and Stacy all turned to me.

"How is he?"

"Good." I said simply, pouring a glass of orange juice. "He is just tired, I guess."

"He got lucky." Trey muttered with a sad smile and I reached over to touch his hand.

"He is alive thanks to you. Stac told me you saved him. Thank you." My eyes started to water and I shook my head, turning to the sink and started to wash my glass.

"Let's move on, shall we?" Smarties said cheerfully, making me laugh.

They all started to talk again, and I turned around and watched all of their carefree smiles and movements. I smiled. We've all come so far and I am so happy. I excused myself and walked back to the room. Colton was sitting up in the bed, staring at where I was sleeping. 

"Morning." I whispered and Coltons head snapped to mine.

"Hey." With a flick of his wrist, he motioned me over.

I crawled into the bed next to him.

"Are you okay?" I nodded and leaned over to kiss him.

"I have something for you." He told me against my lips.

"Okay." I said.

He leaned over me and dug through his jacket; the one he was wearing yesterday. He took something out and his it behind his back, and when I tried to move around him to see, he laughed and dodged me.

"I love you, you know that don't you?"

I nodded and giggled.

"Please Colton show me."

"I knew I would love you from the moment I saw you; you were helping that man you didn't even know and my stomach dopped when I saw you on his lips and your lips on his," He laughs at the memory and I smile in embarassment,"And when you gave me so much attitude I wanted to take you right there and then," I gasped and jumped on him, covering his mouth with my hand.

He laughed beneath me, struggling to keep balance with his hands still behid his back. He bit my hand lightly and I took it away.

"The point is, everything that has happened, everything we have been through had been for a reason and has only made me love you more and more. Everyhting you do Cora, everything you say makes me love you more. You're perfect, and the only thing more perfect than that, is you don't even know it."

I frowned and ran my hand down his jaw,"Why are you saying all these things?"

He hushed me.

"I promised myself I wouldn't do this until you turned 18," he took his hand from behind him and I gasped, my hand falling to my mouth. "Now that you are, I was wondering if you would do me the honour of being my wife?"

"Oh my god."

"Yeah, oh my god." He laughed and I pushed myself into him, making him fall back onto the pillows. Tears fell from my eyes and I cried into his chest, his hand coming up to stroke the back of my head.

"Happy birthday baby."

"How do you even know it's my birthday?" I laughed through my tears and leaned up, watching carefully as he used the back of his thumb to brush the tears.

"Stop crying." He murmered softly.

"You'd be surprised what I know about you."

I laughed and kissed him hard.

"Is

that

a

yes?" He asked between pecks and I nodded with a grin.

"Yes, I will marry you."

A boyish grin took over his face and it was the youngest I had ever seen him look. He looked relaxed, like there was no stress on his shoulders. He took my hand and slid the ring onto my finger. It was simple and beautiful, exactly what I would have chosen. He held me tightly.

"I love you so much." He said.

"I know."

"I'm still mad at you for locking me in a basement." I told him and he glared at me. Just like that we went back to fighting. I wouldn't have it any other way.

THE END

cha ching cha ching

before I start, a lot of people were confused of the last chapter, although I'm not too sure why. It was in different point of views four hours after Colton was shot Comment what you were confused about and I will clear it up for you.

I love this story so much and I want to thank everyone who read it and gave me such positive support. There is still an epilogue so I will post more there

I love you guys xxx