Chapter 6

"Red or blue?" Stacy asked as she held both dresses against her body.

"Definitely the blue one." I grimaced at the red one. Stacy agreed with me straight away and we both chuckled at the thought of her in the blue dress. I looked around cluelessly.

"Where did Trey go?"

"Oh, he said he was getting tired so he's in a bench outside with all the bags." She dismissed with a wave of her hand.

There were a hell if a lot of bags. If I had've known Colton's credit card had a lot of money on it I wouldn't have agreed to this.I didn't want to spend all his money like a gold digger or something. I thought I would be getting the odd pair of jeans and t shirt.

He probably got the money illegally anyway.

"So, do you have any siblings?" She asked, kind of hesitantly. I guess she knew it would be a touchy subject, or maybe she was just afraid to talk to me after the way I had been treating her.

"Just a little brother." A said quietly, pretending to be interested in a spotty skirt, but really I was looking for an escape. I didn't understand it, really. Why would Colton let me come here? He trusted me enough to think I wouldn't try to leave? I was in public. I mean, I didn't know where we were really. I recognized a few towns on the signs on the way here, but nothing that gave me hope. I was probably hours away from home, but I only needed to get to a security gaurd in the shopping centre before I was finally free. I could have laughed at how easy it was.

"Really?" She asked, sounding interested.

I nodded and walked to the lingerie section, trying to get away from her and away from this subject.

"Were you guys close?" She asked sadly.

"We are close." I almost yelled, correcting her. Was she initiating I would never see him again? She looked a little startled but she smiled weakly at me and nodded towards the bras.

"You'll need some new bras. You can't use mine forever. My boobs are like marshmellows compared to yours." I was grateful at how easily she changed the subject and I chuckled, unsure how fake it was. I liked Stacey. I was mean to her, and I had every right to be, but she never gave in. She always tried to find ways to be my friend, and part of me knew we could have if we met under different circumstances.

It was true, my boobs were so squished in this bra. They looked three times bigger than they really were.I only picked about 3 bras, knowing I wasn't going to be here for any longer. I needed to find a distraction. Stacy was using Trey's card which she skilfully stole from his wallet. I doubt he would mind though. He seemed to love her like crazy.

"Cora? Are you coming or not?" Stacy was hovering in the entrance of the shop, Trey walking towards her, carrying both our bags. I looked towards the security gaurd hovering near the food court, and I stepped towards him. Something was holding me back, or rather someone. I couldn't believe myself right now. It was so obviously the right thing to do. I had been kidnapped, for fuck sakes. What was wrong with me?

I took another step towards him and sighed. Was I going crazy? I needed to escape.

I nodded my head and smiled lightly as I walked towards them both. "Can I go to the bathroom?" I asked them, and Trey opened his mouth to speak. "Please." I added. Trey and Stacey looked at eachother, before Stacey nodded and pointed behind me.

"They're just over there, we'll wait outside." I nodded quickly, turning around and walking briskly towards the bathroom signs. I turned slightly, not able to see where Trey and Stacey had gone. I knew this was my chance, and I ignored whatever stupid and ridiculous thoughts were bouncing around in my head. I skipped the toilet entrance, walking towards a toy shop. I walked inside, looking behind me to see if Trey and Stacey were there. I would have to wait them out.