Chapter 20

I was in the woods, my breathing heavy. I was so cold. Where were my clothes?

I looked down to find myself in a white dress. It was beautiful. Silk.

A string of bow was winded at the front and my hair was curled perfectly.

Why wasn't I wearing any shoes?

I furrowed my eyebrows and peeked behind the bush I was in. 

Why was i in a bush?

Ahead, I could see something burning. Something too bright for such a lonesome night. 

There were people too.

They were gathered in front of something. Someone.

Slowly and hesitantly, with an arm in front of myself, doing my best to keep the smoke out of my eyes, I moved foward. No body seemed to be able to see me, or if they could, they were too involved in what ever they were doing to notice.

"Are we ready?" One man asked.

Another man nodded his head at someone who was in all black. A black robe hung loosley from his body, his hands holding something tightly.

I couldn't see their faces behind all the smoke.

"We have to do it now, before they come for her."

The man looked up to the sky, where a full moon was present. It was howling at me.

"Es el momento de."

I was panicking. My body was in a rush but I didn't know what I was suppose to be doing. I looked at each man. 

None of them looked familiar. 

Then I looked down to what they were all crowded around.

I gasped loudly and put my own hand on my own face.

It was me.

I was lying down on a table. My eyes were closed and both my arms and legs were wrapped to posts.

I was trapped.

"No, no, no, no." I murmured and ran to my lifeless body.

This couldn't be me. I was right here!

I waved in front of one of the mans faces, but he couldn't see me.

I was invisible and unheard.

The man in the robe lowered the object in his hand.

It was a knife.

"Stop!" I shouted. "Please, stop!"

I started to cry. How could they kill me?  was right here!

"Please!" I sobbed.

I shook myself hard. Why wasn't  I waking up?!

"Wake up!" I cried. "Wake up!"

I woke up. Screaming and panting, Colton next to me, roughly shaking my shoulders. 

"Wake up!" He was screaming.

I looked at him, tears streaming down my face.

"Shh, baby you're okay." He murmured softly. "It was just a dream." 

Colton brought my head up so it was laying on his chest and I brought my hands up to tug his shirt. I held on so tightly, I could feel my knuckles turning white.