Chapter 35

Something in the back of my mind told me that I should wake up. Where I was definetely wasn't where I should be. My limbs were weak and my head was stinging; I couldn't find the strength to get up. As soon as I heard Colton's booming voice though, everything changed and suddenly my limbs were working and I jumped up.

I winced as light flooded into my eyes and my head burned from the sudden rush.

"Oh my god." I whined, holding my head.

"Yeah well that' what happens when you drink underage."

"Pretty sure this happens at any age you drink." I muttered regretfully because Colton snapped.

"That is not the point! You're so wreckless!" 

I rolled my eyes and slowly pushed myself up. I was still in the hall and laying on one of the common couches. The hall was empty but the doors were open and I could see a few of the pack members still leaving, most of them still a little tipsy. 

"Seriously, save it Colton." My voice was groggy and my eyes landed on Bianca. She was holding her mate up right and walking out through the doors.

It was morning outside.

Her eyes found mine and she watched me wearily, her eyes darting from Colton to myself. I smiled at her but she looked away quickly and I frowned.

"Why do you guys act that way towards each other?" I asked Colton who was already staring in her direction, fuming.

"What way?" He asked through gritted teeth. I put my hand over his and unclenched his fist, and instead intwining my hand with his. 

"That way."

Colton sighed and when his eyes found mine, they softened.

"We should go home. We have the whole day to ourselves." He told me with a wink and I smirked.

"Funny." I told him, slapping him on the arm. "Colton seriously, the girls told me something went down with you guys last night, and I want to know what it was."

Colton sighed and looked at me with deep regret, making me frown,"It's because she's human,isn't it?"

"Cora-"

"It is." I chuckled darkly.

"You need to understand-"

"Oh I understand very, very clearly. You hate our species."

"Cora, don't be like that."

"Must of been such a thrill when you found out I was your mate." I laughed and snatched my arm from his tight grip. "I am going home. Alone. And I'm locking the door so you can not get in." I announced but he grabbed my arm again.

"Alone? In that dress? With that hair? You'll scare the pack away." He laughed and I looked at him seriously.

"Tell me the whole story and I won't lock the door." I offered and he groaned.

"It wasn't because she was human, it was because after I let her into the pack, being human, I found out she had called authorities and tried to expose us. I had to clean up the whole mess and still let her stay in the pack because her mate is already a pack member. We've never thrown anyone out before and I wasn't going to be the first Alpha to do it. That's all there is to it."

I gasped and put my hand onto my chest.

"I'm sorry." I told him and he chuckled.

"It's fine, I should have told you."