Chapter 32

picture of Coar's dress to the side

Well if I didn’t feel bad before, which I didn’t, I definitely do now.

It’s news to no one that I am extremely annoying and bratty and immature, but I think I have taken it to a whole new level. I had sex with my the guy I’m in love with, got angry at him the next day even though I made the conscious decision and that day also happened to the day his loving and beautiful sister died. I’ve seen a photo of her a few times, scavenged around the house. 

She certainly was beautiful, even for a little girl. She had short curly blonde hair and beautiful big brown eyes. She looked nothing like Colton, yet reflected his own beauty so precisely.

Stacey and Smarties stared at me expectantly, as if I had been joking about whether or not Colton had told me about today, which I wasn’t sure why he didn’t. I mean, I was bound to find out anyway. Did he think I wouldn’t question where he was and where Smarties was or where Stacy was?

Suddenly, I was embraced into Stacie's arms tightly. 

“I am so sorry about the other week, Cora.” She murmured pitifully, making me chuckle.

“You have nothing to be sorry about Stac, it wasn’t your fault.” I let go of her and turned to Smarties who had a serious expression on his face. I raised an eyebrow as he motioned towards the back door, before walking out.

He wanted me to follow him.

“What’s up with him?” I asked Stacey, as she continued to stir something that was cooking and smelt delicious. I peeped into the pot and picked a piece of corn out.

Stacey swatted my hands away with her wooden spoon.

“Do not touch!” She scolded and I grinned cheekily, before looking out the window to see Smarties sitting cross legged on the grass.

“But seriously, why does he want to talk to me? If it’s about the dollar bills I stole out of his wallet, I had a good cause! I swear I brought something important with it!”

“Was it ice cream?” Stacey dead panned and I looked at her childishly,”How did you know?!”

Stacey snorted loudly, catching the attention of a few other people around the kitchen. She didn’t look sorry.

“Cora, everyone in this entire town knows about your ice cream addiction,” She thought for a second,”It’s pretty bad.” She mumbled, but I heard her. 

“Do you not have enough ice cream in the freezer? Every time Colton or myself go out to get food, we get like 5 tubs.”

“There was no more chocolate flavor though.” I whined pathetically.

We both laughed for a bit, before Stacey sighed.

“I don’t know what’s wrong with Stef, but he has been acting really weird these past few days you’ve been gone. At first I thought maybe he missed having someone to annoy but it can’t be that, because he annoyed me anyway. I don’t know but I’ve never seen him not smiling before.” Stacey frowned and I could see the worry in her eyes.

“Do you think it’s something to do with his family?” I asked quietly.

Stacey shook her head.