Chapter 1

Sometimes, it's the smallest decisions that can change your life forever. - Keri Russel

--

Decisions are made everyday; what you eat for lunch or for breakfast or what time you go to sleep. Everything we do in life has an effect.

For me, going to the local convenience store in desperate need of tampons late at night was a decision that effected me beyond imaginable words. It changed me, but most importantly, it saved me.

--

I looked around the area quickly as I got out of the car. This part of town was known for it's late night violence and danger.

I was a good target right now too, considering I was wearing short shorts and a singlet. It probably wasn't the most sensible thing to do, but it was so hot I didn't really care.

Locking the car for safe measures, I made my way to the door to the little convenience store with my head down.

I couldn't see many people inside, which isn't strange since it's so late. There are a few cars around, most of them beat up. They made my car look expensive.

I walked tiredly to the entrance.

Like usual, I fought with Cameron today; my boyfriend.

Ever since a few weeks ago I just pick fights with him. I feel bad but I don't know why it keeps happening. It's like I don't even know I'm doing it.

All of a sudden I feel like something inside me changed. I don't physically feel different, but mentally.

There is something missing from me and honestly, if I don't find it, I feel like our relationship will just self destruct.

As I walk further and further to the entrance of the store, my heart rate picks up little by little. It could be that I'm scared or it could be that I saw a sign telling me the ice cream was on sale. Every girl knows that when they're on their period, there is nothing better than junk food on sale.

There were a lot of ways I had hoped this would go down. I'd hoped I would safely get into the store and pick out my favourite flavour of ice cream, a few bars of chocolate and some tampons.

When I walked through the door I didn't exactly expect to hear a safety triggure of a gun go off.

My head snapped up and a was met with a masked face and a gun.

A gun being pointed at my head.

I gasped, my feet stumbling, trying to find their own escape.

Weird thing was, all I could think was that of course, only I, would find myself in such a sticky situation.

I have never been in a situation this serious but I'm kind of that immature, childish, stubborn child that just finds trouble by waking up in the morning.

This really didn't feel real.

I mean, what do I even do?

Do I beg for forgiveness even though I just came to buy some tampons or do I just surrender and tell him to shoot me because there's no doubt I'll find a way to die anyway?

My eyes darted from the gun to the faceless man holding the gun.

The man stared at me for what seemed like forever and the suspension of not knowing whether he would pull the trigger was making me tear up.

The mans eyes held an intence power and colour, a colour anyone would be jealous of.

Finally, the gun was lowered slowly and I gulped down a feeling of relief, my breathing coming back to me.