Chapter 22

“Okay so let me get this straight. You want us to ‘break up’?”

“Yes” I replied nodding my head, making sure Ash got the point.

“But why?” he said I bit louder.

I tapped my pointer finger on my lip telling him not to talk so loud. Then I dragged him in the corner where the school’s exit was. There weren’t people in that area as there were Cameras focused in that hallway.

“Because, I can then date Ryder then cheat on him with you.”I said moving my hands around hoping it will help my explanation.

I porously skipped the part about what Carter had said. He was right. I did have too much dignity to be with someone who was cheating on me even though we weren’t really dating.

If I told Ash, he would back out the plan because I know he also has too much dignity to date a girl which his best friend loves.

“Okay, now I get what you’re trying to get at.”

“Uh hum” I said nodding.

“So like up tickle me.”

“What?!” he asked as if I was mental.

“Tickle me so I start crying and everyone one will think it was because we broke up.”

I stated.

“Alvii sometimes I think your totally unbelievable.” He said shaking his head, but non the less tickling me.

We were missing the first lesson, which happened to be History and I did not mind.

Thank God all the classes were far away from the school’s exit, so no one could hear my obnoxious laughter and moans.

After realizing I had enough tears coming out me eyes, I rubbed my eyes hard which caused the eyeliner to get smudged and my eyes to go puffy and red.

I whipped the smile of my face and quickly ran to my history class, busting through the doors while sniffing.

Ash trailed in from behind with a ‘sad’ look on his face.

We sat as far as possible from each other.

By the time we had sat down whispers and chatters spread across the room.

I could see Ryder and Alex giving me worried looks.

I sniffed and whispered telling them I’d explain later.

All the classes went by as a blur and I had just finished changing for soccer practice.

I tried pulling my blue skirt down so it came at least a bit above my knees and then I did one button from all three of my white t-shirt. I quickly fixed the collar checking the laces of my white converse.

“Okay just 2 laps and then we play. I want to pick 20 people for the game next week”

All of the 40 present students on the oversized soccer pitch stated running laps.

I quickly found Tyler who was busy fixing the balls for the game.

“Hey.” I waved at him.

“sup.” He said quickly looking up from the ball he was filling air in.

Me being captain and him being co-captain, we didn’t need to run laps when we were substituting for coach.

Both of us had fixed positions on the team.

Me as right attack and him as center.

When the football team didn’t have football practice they would try out for soccer and see if they could make it in the team. That’s why we usually ended up having so many people on the field.