Chapter 14.

I was not in a good mode today.

Coach was gone on a trip with the freshmen and it was always the captain that would then take over the class.

The captain happening to be me.

I had so much going on in my mind that has happened this week which has got me really frustrated.

When one of the girls on the team asked if we could just take a break today, I got mad and blew up.

We had a game in one week with our rivals and we weren’t prepared.

I mean which school would if their coach was always going on fieldtrips?

I told them all to do 20 laps.

Which meant I had to do them as well.

I didn’t mind running at all, it gives me time to think as the wind hits your face and pushes my hair out the way.

At the moment I was busy running on the field after school, with a clear view of the football team practicing.

I could see Alex scoring a touchdown and everyone cheering.

I thought about how my life turned complicated in the past week, from being normal to.. to.. to this.

I was picked for the band’s lead singer but apparently the music teacher found someone else who had a better voice at me.

I haven’t even met the girl but I already hate her.

That wasn’t the only reason she got picked, but it was because she was more ‘singing material’ then I.

And the music teacher said I had to much responsibilities.

Responsibilities my ass!

I started speeding up on my 14thlap.

Then memories from last night came back.

“Because I care Alvii, I care about you.”

His words had stopped me brain to work.

The only way I could react to this was by laughing it off.

“yeah very funny Ryder.”

With that I opened the lock and got out the car.

I heard him curse as I closed the car door.

There was no sign in his voice or face expression that said he was joking.

He meant it.

He meant it for real.

The only thing I could do was to run to my bedroom call Ash and tell him everything.

And that’s what I did.

I knew my plan would work

I kept on telling my self, I would get revenge on him from all the shit he gave me for years.

I would break his heart.

But then I kept on thinking the way he said he cared about me.

I mean I am a teenager with hormones.

Ash said we’d pretend to date again.

He told me he really did like Amy but the only reason they had sex was cause they were both drunk at Jerold’s party.

I was worried about what Alex would think, but then Ash told me to tell him it was a mistake.

It could happen to anyone who was drunk.