Juliet's Tattooed Romance

I gazed around uninterested whilst Jack looked through the bundles of beanies, and hats in a weird shop he had dragged me into. A week had passed and it's safe to say that Jack's plan to become closer to me was coming along brilliantly, and whilst he was asking me every question under the blue moon, I was learning things about him too.

Like the fact, that he was obsessed with hats. All sorts. It was quite frightening actually.

And other things too, like he didn't realize he was gorgeous but he had this thing called 'fake cockiness' or as I would like to call it, 'Jack's no-shame confidence.' And it worked perfectly for him. He walked around like he was perfectly content with himself, like he could strip off all his clothes and off he goes.

Without a care in the world.

Of course, I would care because every female within a ten metre radius would either faint or flock at the sight of him and even though the label had not been stamped on it yet, but it was fairly obvious that he was in fact sort of mine.

We are getting off the point.

But when it came to looks, Jack honestly didn't care. He was a naturally cheeky guy, and it was a very endearing trait to have. But when it comes to moments where I literally have to go 'are you seriously going to do that?', he doesn't care. He just goes ahead and does it. Then possibly gets arrested for doing it.

Another strange thing about Jack is, he has an extreme soft spots for Kittens. Every single time we have hung out together, it involves going to at least three pet stores and checking out the cat section. It's quite adorable, his beautiful eyes get so big and he looks at the object of his affection (thus being the cat) with as much love as he can. A few times I've caught him stroking the glass, trying to pat the creature behind it.

But then it got frightening, because he'd whip out his wallet and try to buy one.

And I'd have to remind him that the Kitten he wanted, was way, way over his budget.

Like I said, the longer he spent to know me, the more I spent to know him.

And I was enjoying the time with him, but I'd never tell him that. Even with that fake cockiness, the kid has a healthy sized ego and it inflames when he so much as gets a compliment from me. It was really confusing, a girl walked up to him and called him cute the other day which made him shrug it off and roll his eyes with a polite smile.

Then I give him a simple, 'You aren't as bad as I thought you were', and he's practically lapping it up and trying to get me to praise him again.

I really didn't understand it, but I didn't question it. The thought of Jack caring about what I thought made my stomach flap around with excited steroid filled butterflies. I smile slightly when the butterflies return just thinking about him and when Jack addresses me, I look up.

"Why are you smiling? Thinking about how hawt I am?" He asks with a wink, mimicking 'Cakes' voice from Adventure Time, as I blush slightly, but shoot back with a scoff, "You don't make me smile. You make me cry. You are a mean, mean person." I move down the isle, looking at the hundreds of hat's before I land into somebodies chest with an oomph .

The familiar yet always dazzling sparkles run around my body at the warm hard chest against mine and I look up confused, seeing Jack's face centimetre's away from mine, as he smiles slowly, the corners of his lips creeping up.

"If I'm so mean, why do you hang out with me?"

Shiet.

"I like to give people second chances, but since you've used this one up-" I try to step away, but his calloused but oddly smooth hands catch my wrists and pull me back to his amazing body, making those goddamn butterflies giggle around in my stomach.

"I can make it up to you..." He purrs, like a fucking god, slowly nuzzling his head into my neck and my heart rate quickens. My subconscious who is battling against my inner fan girl, shrieks 'Think of the children!'

Which then make's my inner fan girl reply, 'Yeah! Make some children!'

Do you see what he does to me?

Do you?

"I doubt what you're thinking is going to do much for my non-smiling situation." I breeze out, feeling my body unwillingly relax against his and he takes this with as much smoothness as he can control (which is quite a lot), and loosens his grip on my wrists. Then slowly, longingly, his hands slide down the length of my waist and loop around the small of my back, resting against my hips.

And in one move, I'm putty.

I'm freshly made fucking putty.

"That's too bad... I happen to know you are absolutely stunning when you smile." He breathes on my neck, the cold rush of air dancing along my hot skin and if I'm not already completely controlled by hormones, this seems to tip me over the edge. My hands are rested on his biceps when I squeeze as the true meaning of his words take toll, Jack can compliment a girl and actually make her believe it.

It's one of his many powers.

"Come on Juliet, Button, just a tiny little smile," I bury my head in his chest, shaking my head in reply as he chuckles, "I'll buy you a muffin, and a hat."

"I thought you knew me well enough that I'm not a materialistic type of girl."

"I'll let you win the Doctor Who fight." He coo's and I feel it, I fight it but it's creeping. The sensation starts in my heart and builds, I try to push it down but when he lifts my chin and my eyes open, I see the most beautiful splash of green and blue, that it only brings it back it stronger.

"I can feel it coming, come on Juliet. Smile for me." He coaxes, staring deep into my eyes and his words only make the smile reach my lips. I bite down on my lower lip to keep my sour expression, as he watches me with his own soft smile which isn't filled with ego, just adoration and shy amazement.

Wow, the butterflies are certainly crazy today.

"Wait... wait... ah," He whispers, pressing his forehead against mine and his eyes close just as the smile breaks loose on my lips, "There it is." He pulls back to open his eyes once more and when he see's the smile, his shy one widens as I groan and let my head fall onto his chest.

"I hate you." I smile into his chest, unable to keep it down as his arms tighten around my waist, pulling me closer, "No you don't, you are much too beautiful not to smile Juliet."

"And you are a ridiculously cliched guy Jack.

"Guilty as charged but if you like being swept off your feet, I'll keep using Google to play these tricks on you." He teases and I roll my eyes, giggling whilst slapping his shoulder, "You suck." I pull back, poking my tongue at him and he grins, "Yeah, you."

And there was the pervert statement.

"You are disgusting." I breathe out a laugh my cheeks tingling with pink and an amused cough makes me turn around, seeing a guy dressed in grey skinny jeans and an 'Escape the Fate' black t-shirt, he has big finger width stretches, black messy hair and a lip piercing with a sleeve of tattoo's running up his left arm.

He leans against the shelves with a smirk, looking at the two of us, "Is Jackie luring pretty girls in here again?"

"He didn't lure me in, I didn't want to come so he chloroformed me. But apparently that's how his 'charm' works." I use my fingers to emphasize charm as he chuckles, grinning at me as Jack laughs from behind me.

"I like her, she see's right through you're perfect Canadian act. I swear man, I never had a problem with Canada until you came along."

"I know right, don't you just want to attack Canada because they allowed him to be born." I go along with the Jack bashing because truthfully, it's just so damn fun and I don't think Jack minds because he just laughs. Although when I try to distance ourselves, his arms loop around the back of my waist and he pulls me back to him.

I don't complain though, Jack isn't the worst guy...

He's quite possibly the best.

"Ah good, now there are two people on the 'Destroy Canada' scheme. Now Jackie, who is this? Your girlfriend?" I glance up at Jack at the strangers question, he looks at me too and his eyes ask a silent questions. Like I said, we haven't labelled it.

So to avoid the topic and a possible fight, I slap my hand over his mouth and smile politely to the stranger who seems to know Jack, "We haven't crossed that lovely bridge yet, so let's try to hold it off until we burn it down." I look back up at Jack to see his reaction and his eyes glow with happiness.

He takes my hand off his lips with a grin, "Yeah, I haven't even got the lighters ready yet." Then he looks back up at the guy, and introduces me, "Damon, this is Juliet. Juliet, this is Damon. He's a friend. And he works here."

I hold out my hand and he takes it, surprising me by kissing the top of it gently. I let out an astounded giggle as he winks, "Pleasure to meet you Juliet."

"Likewise." I smile at him as Jack scowls us both, "No you don't Damon, don't go all Vampire Diaries on Juliet." I sense the playfulness but I can also very vaguely hear the possessiveness in it too, so I decided to play with it, and giggle once more like a half witted twit. I step out of his hands slowly, inching toward Damon, "But he's so pretty..." I trail off, reaching my hand out.

Damon gives Jack a wicked grin, as if sensing my trick and I go to stroke his cheek but Jack snatches me back, holding me to his chest with a forced but amused chuckle, "I'm pretty. Now let's all get over the fact that we are all very pretty people and Juliet is officially out of the water, and onto my boat."

I look at him with a confused look, as he explains very briefly, "You aren't in the sea anymore. Get it? Plenty of fish in the sea... but you are on my boat." It all clicks into place and I blink a few times before spluttering out a laugh, "You do realize that, that saying is mainly for women, right?"

Damon joins my laughter as Jack rolls his eyes, "It works both ways Button. Just so he understands not to swoop and catch you like the nasty predator he is." I laugh once more, looking over to Damon who smirks proudly, as if taking what Jack says as a compliment.

"No complaint, but you do realize you look like jealous little boy right now?" He asks with a raised eyebrow and a smirk that could drop panties, as Jack blushes, looking back to me for conformation but I shake my head, giggling, "Don't worry Jackie. I like them possessive. You don't have anything to worry about." I pat his chest gently, my subconscious glowing that Jack was so strangely possesive over me, this trait of Jack's rarely came out.

Jack now smirks proudly, holding me closer and gives Damon a playful glare which makes Damon chuckle, "Well, it's good to know Jackie finally has somebody to hang out with. He's been spending all his money here, and using me as his 'buddy'."

"Don't you want him to spend money?" I ask curiously as he winks at me cheekily, "I was so close to paying him to leave me alone, I am nobodies therapist."

"Glad I could take him off your chest then." I smile at him, and he blinks a few times before shaking his head, shoving his hands in his pockets, looking down to the floor almost shyly. He let's out a low whistle, "No wonder Jack's smitten."

"What do you mean?"

"It's not point Damon, she's a bit naive when it comes to her dazzling looks."

"Please, I know I'm gorgeous." I joke, before bursting into laughter, at my hilarious novelty. Damon gives Jack an amused grin, eye communicating with Jack. I try to study them both but it's too hard so I just pout and sigh loudly, "You guys are talking with your eyes. I don't like it."

They both look down at me pouting as Jack pulls me closer to his chest, allowing me to snuggle into his cottom shirt, "Sorry Precious."

"Don't call me that, I'm not a ring. And you aren't Gollum." I snort unnatractively, twisting out of his arms with a flick of my hair sassily. Damon starts laughing again at my playful attitude as I roam the store, looking for something more my style. They follow talking guy talk, when I stop suddenly, making both of them bump into my back but I take no notice to it, "Oh my gosh." I whisper, my eyes clamped on the object hanging on the wall.

"Juliet, what's wrong?"

"Oh my gosh." I repeat, before I point at it, "Oh my gosh! It's adorable!" I can't help it, I let out the most highest squeal known and rush over, leaving them grumbling at the velocity of the noise.

I try jumping for it, as it is I'm a bit of a short ass and the hat is on the forth row of the very high rows, so when they reach me, I slap Jack's arm, "That one. That one. Look at it." I continue to slap his arm as Damon laughs loudly, "Oh good, she's a weird one."

"If she wasn't as excited as she is right now, you'd probably get a good slap for that but she wouldn't argue."

"Do it for me Jack." I say, distractedly and I hear a loud 'crack' in the air.

"You slap like a chick."

"Better me than her. Now," He stops for a moment before asking, "Which one?"

I point at the hat, it's black and it's one of those strange beanie things with the long ear muffs that morph into hand muffs. It has a huge stitch grin made of white and then two bright blue button eyes, and it is the cutest, most amazing, thing that I have ever witnessed on a hat.

He reaches up and takes it off the hook as I snatch it out of his grasp, squealing once again, "It's so freaking cute!"

"That's what she thinks is cute? Make's sense, I mean, she likes you." I hear another 'crack' noise, and Jack chuckles, "It's creepy but if she likes it... I don't care. Look how adorable she looks." I would have a remark to that but I'm too busy clutching the hat to my chest, loving the silky fur feel underneath my finger tips.

"You choose them good. She must be pretty special if you bring her here. You don't bring any one here, I was starting to think you hated me." I hear a snort of laughter from Jack as he tries to reply but I selfishly can't hold back my excitement, and turn around, almost jumping up and down on the spot.

"Jack, isn't this most cutest thing you have ever seen? It has little buttons for eyes! Look!" I poke one of the buttons, as he smiles at me softly in amusement, "It's one of the cutest things but not THE cutest things."

"Right, you and your kitten thing." I giggle, hugging the hat as Damon looks at Jack, as if waiting for him to say something but he just smiles at me, a simple beautiful smile that makes my heart pump and my soul lighten.

"Yeah, I sure do have a thing for kittens."

"It reminds me of Halloween," I suddenly blirt and his beautiful eyes widen a fraction, I feel bashful under his gaze, biting my lip nervously. Did that sound stupid? I mean- Wait! No. Fuck that, I'm Juliet. I don't give a crap.

He looks at the hat then at me, and I feel hot under his gaze as that very slow, carnal smile starts to brew on his pink lips. Oh fuck. Oh shit. Damn it.

"Yeah, now that you mention it, it reminds me of Halloween too."

"Okay... Now I want to know what happened at Halloween, I hate being left out of the loop." Damon crossed his arm childishly with a snigger as Jack rolled his eyes, "Don't be ridiculous. You don't even have a loop to be left out on."

"I take pride in that, girls are bitches and guys are pricks."

"That is a rather... Simple way of putting it." I tune in, looking at him with a silly grin as he returns it, looking years younger even with his intimidating muscle and height, "I just don't want to handle people... Eugh. So I am a lone wolf."

"That and he really smells. Nobody wants to hang out with him." Jack snorts and Damon lands a very impressive punch to his shoulder. He laughs as Jack rubs the place with a smirk, and I giggle, "I don't think he smells..."

This made them both look up at me, a smirk tipping onto Damon's features, "So you smelt me pretty girl?"

"Uh well... No, not reall-" I stammer out embarrassed, and luckily the 'Halloween' discussion has long gone from their minds.

"It's okay if you did. You can ditch the infant and go out with a real man," he gestures to himself as I blush with a laugh, "Thanks for the offer."

"This is the part where you are supposed to say 'but'," Jack is also smirking at me but I sense the uneasiness of my drifting words so I roll my eyes, giggling again, "But, I'm afraid the infant laid down a lot of ground work and I said I'd give him a try."

"You make it sound like he's a toy," Damon snickers, and my embarrassment is placed by cheekiness, as I wink, "He is.

Damon pauses looking over to Jack who sighs, faking a sincere sad expression, "I am. She bought me at The Reject Shop."

Damon bursts out laughing at this and we join him easily, before making our way to the cash register. Jack grabbed a few beanies and a snap back with the words 'fuck young' scribbled on it. I couldn't help but roll my eyes at his choice, but then again, immature boys will be immature boys.

Then he surprised me by grabbing my hat and attempting to give it to Damon who is standing behind the middle stomach high desk, tapping on the keyboard.

"No I can pay for it." I state, pursuing my lips when he tried to grab it, again. He also pursed his lips and grumbled, "I'll pay. I bought you here."

"And now I'm buying the hat."

"Juliet. Come on."

"Jack, quit trying to act like a gentleman. You slammed the door on my face thrice today and I don't need you to pay for a damn hat that costs fifteen dollars." I place my hands on my hips, the hat in my right so I loosen my grip ever so slightly.

"Well let me make it up to you by buying the hat." He crossed his arms and I felt a wee bit intimidated but I pushed through it with an innocent look, "Don't you need all the money you can get to buy your kitten?" I flutter my eyes lashes at him and he tenses slightly before replying it a teasing voice, "Won't matter if I buy you the hat, I can just pretend you are my cat for the day."

I know he's joking but I know this disagreement won't be let go easy, I'd come to find out that both Jack and I when not being chilled awesome shadow hunters- we both had an obsession with the Mortal Instruments- we were really stubborn and a tad competitive.

So I sigh, "You won't let this go... Will you?"

"Nope."

And then it happens, it hits me like a brick, and it makes me grin crazily. I jump up and down. "I forgot! Oh my gosh! You owe me three! I won the bet!" His look of confusion vanished an he groaned, slumping when he realised I was right.

I had won the bet.

Sure by default because Jack was trying to cheer me up but still, and I had forgotten about it all week.

"Whoa what bet?"

"Long story." Jack grumbled, rubbing his face with frustration as I grinned, "So, Jackie, my first wish is that you, pay for your things and let me pay for mine."

And after a long set of colourful muttered swear words and complaints, my wish did indeed become true.

-

When we left the shop after Damon gave me his number, much to Jack's disapproval, and walked down the street toward the famous Muffin Longue. This place was amazing.

The outside was just a sign with an arrow point down to a green skinny door, with 'The Muffin Longue' in fancy writing and a muffin hanging off the 'G'. When Jack and I passed it four days ago, he suspected it was a strip joint because of the swanky underground look and well, you know those times when I ask Jack, 'Really? Are you really going to do this?"

My answer was supplied when Jack gripped my wrist and literally pulled me down there. I covered my eyes before I saw something dirty and he laughed at me before we realised -to my thankfulness and Jack's kinky dismay- it was actually a Muffin Longue.

Down the narrow stairs was shaggy styled black carpet, cute little blue tables with matching dark blue booths and amazing artwork. Then finally, a huge glass case and register where they displayed billions of cupcakes, this place was amazing and since it's name and outside look, made it seem a bit shifty, the people that hug out here were pretty awesome.

Jack and I included.

We had come here nearly every day this week and signed up for the membership so that made us honorary customers.

I loved this place.

We walked down the stairs, chatting eagerly when we opened the door and Peta, one of my new friends that worked here, smiled at us, "Ah the two troublemakers are back so soon."

"Is that our label?" I laugh, shrugging off my jacket as a couple of the regulars sat around, giving us both friendly smiles before continuing there talks. It was mostly teenagers that hung around here, the ones who were as ridiculous as us to enter a shifty place like this.

I always felt smarter and older when we came down here, like we are joined to a gang. Yeah, we are so awesome.

"I suppose it is. I thought we were thing one and thing two."

"I bags being the prettier one." I bat my eyelashes at him teasingly, and he grinned, winking, "Yeah, your the looks and I'm the brains."

"Please, we all know I'm definitely smarter than you." I poke my tongue out and he opens his mouth to reply before a very familiar voice chuckles, "Everybody is smarter than Jack."

Jack and I look up to see Luda and... Sam. I give Jack a 'did you plan this?' And he shakes his head slowly with a confused but annoyed expression.

Well shit.

-

YEAH CLIFHANGER! LOLS NOTSORRY HAHA! :P 

Anyhoo, this is the part where I advertise for my new book and hope, no pray, you guys check it out ahah ;

The Delinquent's Whole Nine

Let's get one thing straight, I am not a teenager; I'm twenty four and I have made plenty of irresponsible choices in my life time. So when I go to the doctors, expecting a simple normal response as to why I feel like crap,

I don't expect her to tell me I'm pregnant.  Me, Ever Hayes?  Pregnant?   My Mom sure would get a kick out of this.  

And if that's not worse, when I approach my baby daddy -literally- he runs half way across the country to avoid his responsibility.

So I'm alone, kicked out of home, cold and pregnant.  Well that's until Alexander Pierce gets involved.

- It is not a cliched 'jerk father turns good', I thrive on it being weird, cooky but serious at the same time. I would really love it if you guys would just read it and tell me what you think :3 

And if not, VOTE&&COMMENT&&FAN!

goal - 6 comments, 14 votes :3 

love youse!