Just Fine

“You ass! You are so cheating!” I proclaim angrily, as he laughs at me, shaking his head, “I don’t cheat. I’m too incredible.”

His wide grin makes my stomach swarm around with butterflies, I don’t let him see my adoration for him and snort, “Yeah, incredibly stupid.” His grin widens because apparently, I’m funny when I insult him. Yeah, Jack’s crazy.

“Can’t be that stupid if I’m beating your fine ass at go-fish.” He gestured to the cards as I glared at the webcam, imagining his annoyingly pretty head exploding. This makes him laugh again, “Are you trying to make my head explode with your eyes, again?”

“That depends…”

“And what does it depend on?”

“If you admit you're cheating, I won’t prove the term ‘looks can kill’.” I ‘humph’, turning my nose up at him but some part of me is glowing. I love this bickering with Jack, even though it’s impossible to hit the twat through a webcam.

But there is research going into it.

“I’m not cheating… I told you, your game is strip poker.” He admonishes playfully as I roll my eyes about to shoot back an insult when Nan, Toby, Michael and Damon walks in.

“I didn’t know this house was so popular.” I narrow my eyes at all of them, as Jack snorts, “Don’t think they are here for you babe, the only people you attract are dick heads.” I turned back to the camera, about to yell at him but then suddenly, what he’s said clicks in my mind. My lips turn into a smirk, “Oh yeah? The only people I attract are dick heads?”

He frowns for a moment, confused before his eyes widen, and he backtracks beautifully, “Wait! I didn’t mean it like that!” I start to laugh in my chair, clapping sarcastically, “Good job boyfriend, I guess all that cold is freezing some of your brain cells.” I keep laughing at him as he grumbles, “I didn’t mean it like that.”

“You still said it.” I giggle, and he half smiles, “I haven’t heard that giggle in a while.” I stop laughing abruptly, a blush spreading on my cheeks and it’s his turn to smirk. He knows what that means, that small secret between us about my damn giggle. I struggle to find my equilibrium, “Hello, what brings you all here, at the same time?” I raise my eyebrow as Jack snickers.

They had all been watching our interaction and no doubt the smirk on Damon’s face, I think he knew exactly what I was doing.

“Michael, Toby and I just had to check what we needed from the groceries store. Damon was pulling up when we arrived. I hope we didn't disturb you and Jack.” I smile at Nan, as Jack laughs, “Juliet was just telling me that she sucked at go-fish and triumphed at strip poker.”

I choke, and splutter, “He’s lying! Jack, shut the fu-”

“Language.” She giggles, proving she’s the best Nan in the word as Jack replies, “Juliet, let me fu-” I turn to him, with  narrowed eyes and threaten, “I swear to god, you finish that sentence Jack, I’ll cut your penis off.”  He smirks gorgeously, and purrs, “I love when you talk dirty to me.”