Chapter 18

Time seemed to fly by. The next thing she knew, Belle was picking up a flyer for the upcoming Valentines Day Ball to be held at the community center from her front porch.

"Hello Sweet Pea," Belle said, petting the cat. Sweet Pea purred and leaned against Belle's hand as she read the flyer.

Belle went back inside to put the flyer away when Robert came trotting down the stairs.

"Oh, Robert, look what's finally coming up," Belle announced.

Robert took the flyer from Belle and studied it. "Sounds like a lot of baloney," Robert joked.

"Noo, Robert we talked about this at the last meeting remember? We said we were going."

"No, YOU said that."

"Rob.."

"I'm kidding." He pecked her lips. "Of course we're going."

"And it's a perfect way to spend our anniversary isn't it?" Belle beamed.

Robert nodded, though in his mind, he already planned something extra special for just the two of them. But he wanted to surprise Belle with it, so he kept his mouth shut. Instead, he turned his attention to Belle's outfit: dark blue jeans, brown winter boots, and the white sweater Killian had given her for Christmas.

"So you finally decided to wear it huh?" Robert nodded his head to her top, where the outline of her breasts were very much visible for anyone to see.

"Yesss...BUT..." Belle turned to the table by the door, where there lay a beige shopping bag. Reaching into it, Belle took out a fluffy brown winter vest, put it on, and zipped it up. "Doesn't it look so much more nicer now?" She smiled at him.

Robert chuckled. The vest had covered her and matched her boots nicely. She looked very, very adorable.

"Come here," he said, opening his arms up for her. Belle leaned into him and locked onto his lips.

"Mmm," she whispered. "I didn't know you cared so much about what I wore to work. Jealous?"

"No," Robert grunted. "I just don't want anyone ogling at you, especially not that sea moron." He unzipped her vest to reveal her deep cleavage. "Those are only for my eyes to feast on."

Belle playfully slapped his chest. "Oh, shut up." She laughed and zipped herself up again.

They put on their coats and left the house, making sure to grab some coffee at Granny's before heading off to work.

~~~~

Belle was busy rummaging through different files when she heard the door swing open and footsteps heading toward the desk. Belle looked up, expecting it to be someone who needed a book checked out, but it was, much surprisingly, Killian.

"Good morning ladies," Killian said, flashing a toothy smile.

"Killian. Hi," Belle responded.

"Never expected to see you here," Kathryn remarked with a smirk.

Killian frowned. "Now is this how you treat a guest of the library?"

"No. Real guests actually come here to utilize the resources."

"Oh yeah?" Killian countered. "How come you just assume that I don't have any business here?"

Kathryn raised her brow. "Do you?"

"As a matter a fact I do." He turned to smile at Belle. "I came here to check out a book."

"You can read?" Kathryn joked.