Chapter 5

Belle French entered the pub and approached the counter. She sat down, exhausted. Having had a full day of exams, Belle decided a night out was what she needed. And deserved.

"Manhattan please, thank you," she said to the bartender.

She sat there, sipping her drink and looking around. Feeling less tense, she smiled, glad that she had taken the day head on, and especially glad that the semester was almost over and she was on her way to getting her Masters. As she took another sip, lost in thought, she felt a tap on her shoulder.

Belle turned around to see an incredibly tall and very handsome looking man smiling at her. His dark hair was combed neatly, his tight black shirt showing off his hard, built muscles. His face was very kind and gentle, dark eyes gleaming down at her. Belle felt her heart flutter.

"Hi, I haven't seen you around here before. Mind if I sit?" the man asked.

"No. Not at all," Belle replied, gesturing to the empty stool beside her.

The man sat down on the stool and ordered a beer. He then turned his attention back on her.

"So what brings a pretty lady like you in here?" he said.

"Well, I don't go out often. I thought I should give it a try. Pretty rough day I suppose."

"I see. Well I'm sure I can change that," he added, winking.

Belle giggled.

"Oh, I apologize, I haven't even properly introduced myself," he said, holding out his hand. "I'm Gaston."

"Belle," she said, smiling as she gave him her hand.

He gave it a kiss, his eyes never leaving hers.

---------------------------------------------------------------------

Belle drove home, wondering what she should tell Robert. On one hand, she definitely wanted to tell him about the person who resembled Killian's personality. On the other hand...she didn't know if she should tell him about what happened in the library. The last thing Belle wanted to do was upset him, and this information is outraging for any husband.

Belle looked out her window for a quick second, noticing a few largely built men and a couple dirty-looking guys hanging out outside the bar. She had to pass through this place every night to get to her house.

No wonder Robert doesn't want me walking home.

Their house wasn't a far walking distance from their work, but since Belle tended to stay late, Robert decided it would be best if she took the car. He didn't mind walking home, as he liked the exercise.

Finally, she pulled into the driveway.

"Robert!" she shouted as she opened the door, quickly laying her stuff on the table and hanging her coat up.

Robert appeared, wearing an apron. "Hey, how was your day?" He kissed her on the cheek.

"Not TOO bad...hey, are you cooking?" Belle inhaled deeply, catching the aroma of fresh pasta, Alfredo sauce, and garlic chicken. One of her favorites.

"Figured out what I'm making yet?" Robert asked, winking. Her husband's winks made her feel special and warm inside, and it suddenly reminded her of the contrasting difference between him and Killian. Uncomfortable with the thought of earlier tonight, Belle pulled Robert into a hug.

"Thank you," she said gratefully.

Robert, oblivious to her behavior, took her hand and led her into the kitchen. "So," he said as he stirred the sauce, "how was your day?"