Chapter 2

After dinner, the couple decided to spend the night at the nearest motel. It had gotten pretty late and they were both too exhausted to continue the journey. After getting a well deserved 10 hour rest, and a late breakfast at McDonald's the next day, they were on there way again. Robert had offered to take the wheel but Belle insisted she drive the rest of the way there.

As Belle drove past the woods, she saw the sign: Welcome to Storybrooke. Belle smiled happily.

"Robert, we're here!" Belle said excitedly as the top of the clock tower came into view, "We're almost here!"

"Whu--?" Robert awoke with a jolt. "Oh, right, finally. We--BELLE!"

Belle had been so busy staring at the tower, she didn't notice the big gray and white furry animal making its way across the narrow road.

Belle jumped at the sound of Robert's shout and panicked when she saw the creature in the middle of the road. Belle shrieked and quickly turned the steering wheel to avoid hitting the animal. The car swerved, causing the boxes and items in the backseat to shift and fall everywhere. They drifted slightly off the road, hitting a few shrubs, until the car finally came to a stop.

Belle's screams were quickly replaced by panting. Robert sat still, shocked. Luckily it wasn't much of an accident...but it could have been if they had hit one of the nearby trees.

"I'm so sorry," Belle sobbed, putting her hands in her face. "I'm sorry, I'm sorry."

Robert turned and immediately pulled his wife into his arms. He stroked her hair and told her that it was just a mistake and that there was nothing to worry about and they were both safe. After calming her down, he and Belle stepped out to inspect the vehicle of any damage. That's when they noticed the animal, a wolf, still standing in the middle of the road.

Robert took a few steps forward and yelled to the wolf, "Hey! See what you have caused us? Get out of here you crazy, stupid animal! Shoo!"

The wolf didn't budge.

"Robert, it's innocent. Leave it alone," Belle said gently.

Robert sighed, "But Belle, it--"

All of a sudden, the wolf started growling and barking. The couple startled and looked to the direction of the wolf. Its face no longer seemed innocent, but fierce and menacing, displaying its set of pointed, white teeth. The wolf continued to growl and bark, taking a few steps closer to them, then hopping back and shaking its head toward the opposite direction of Storybrooke.

Robert and Belle became frightened, as they did not know if the wolf would attack them at any moment. They quickly got back in the car (Robert taking the wheel) and drove out of the dirt and back into the road. The wolf ran after them, barking louder than ever. After a few seconds, the wolf tired to a halt, and let out a chilling howl.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ding!

Belle checked her phone and saw Emma's reply. "Alright, she says she and Henry are by the new house waiting for us," she told Robert.

"That's great! We're only about 5 minutes away."

"Yeah.." Belle mumbled as she texted Emma back.

"Belle, I know what happened back there was scary, but there's nothing to worry about anymore. We're here and we're going to start fresh remember?" Robert said, trying to lighten Belle's gloomy mood.

"No, I am excited, but this feeling I have...something's not right."

"I'm sure it's nothing."

"Rob, did you see the way that wolf was acting? It was as if it was trying to tell us to get the hell out! We're not wanted here! And the whole accident...this isn't a good way to start 'fresh.' It's a terrible sign."