What the Hell is that?

I watched the Skeletal, bashing at the glass, and the creeper, punching its way through the glass hexagon at the very top, other creepers had now joined him. I could see the cracks growing and was beginning to panic. The crowds seemed not to bothered by the Skeletal and Creepers but were more concerned about staying with their friends. Then we heard it. A loud screech. And soon after heavy footsteps, that generated mini earthquakes. I looked around and couldn't see anything but crowds of even more panicked people and the large grey wall. I looked up at the helicopters that had already taken off. They were all pointing to where the sounds seemed to be coming from. Then a large number of spikes flew into the sky, hitting the helicopters and impaling some of the pilots. They all came plummeting down, 2 crashed into the bio-dome creating large holes in them, 3 more crashed into the small building that hid the complex, rubble and parts of the helicopters crushed the people closest to the building and some flew away hitting people in the middle of the crowds. Then I noticed that it wasn't just 3 creepers but about 10 the other ones must have been hiding when we first came here and there wasn't one Skeletal but 3, they might have been at the other side of the bio-dome. I looked at people that had been hit by the wreckage but could still be saved and people just leaving them, so I got up and ran over to one of them and picked him up.

"Come on, you're gonna get out of here and if you don't, you won't die alone." I said, hoping these were good words of encouragement

"I can't my leg it's broken." He explained, tears flooding from his eyes.

"Come on. I'll carry you." I went to the right, his right leg was the broken one, and picked him up, he hopped as I jogged back to the helicopter. When I got back in he took my seat, and my act of courage didn't go unnoticed everyone clapped as I carried him in, others had left after me to help other injured people, most came back others were swarmed by the Creepers and crushed by the Skeletals. The pilot took off, and so did every other helicopter. There was still a large crowd however. I stared at the massacre below us, people screaming and running from the monsters, some retreated into the crumbling facility only to be chased out by dogs and mauled, then the zombies flowed out of the complex, chasing the remaining few. I stopped looking at the sight and headed straight for the pilot. "You said we couldn't leave them, why did you just now?"

"Orders. And you seen what was going on. If we stayed any longer we would have been killed."

"There are weapons on this helicopter we could have help."

"And that would have meant a failed effort." I sighed and pulled my hair back, pulling my head up with it. I looked at the trees and in a clearing was a huge horrific monster with spikes protruding from its back and chest, maybe its bones and huge bulging arms with claws and it was running on all fours, well more like jumping. Then it stopped and noticed the convoy of helicopters. The spiked on its back retracted and then shot out into the air. The pilot noticed it to and the helicopter dodged the spikes. A lot of the other helicopters did except for 2 of them. They started descending one with black smoke rushing out from the engine and the other with a spike through the helicopter and blocking the propellers. I watched them descending the smoking one was going quite steady the propellers were still working and the other was basically plummeting to the ground. All the helicopters had weaponry and so launched multiple missiles and fired countless bullets at the monster.

I think I'll call it Vlad, You know Vlad the Impaler, he was roman or something.

[Google it, unless it's closed down due to the Zombies]

All the helicopters stopped and looked at the smoke, waiting for to clear and claim their victory, but this was no victory, the Vlad screeched and jumped out from the smoke, heading for our helicopter. I watched frozen in fear. Then I heard someone praying, I turned around an elderly woman had seen the Vlad coming towards us and as if she was heard a rocket blew the Vlad away from us. And by the looks of it actually died. Relief washed over me, and I let out the breathe I held since it came flying towards us. The woman that had prayed looked very weak and so I helped her back to her seat and sat her down and returned to the pilot.

"We need to check the crashes for survivors."

"I know. I have contacted the other helicopters. Some of us are going down there for survivors. Will you join us?"

"My pleasure." I walked back into the passenger part of the helicopter and told Carol and the scientist what was happening and they decided to tag along.

"Oh by the way, I'm Marie." The scientist finally introduced.

"Victoria." I nodded and shook her hand.

"Carol." She smiled.

The pilot told everyone to prepare for landing and we all strapped ourselves in. The landing was easier than we expected. 2 of the other helicopters that landed had civilian passengers and the other helicopter was army personal. Carol, Marie, the Pilot and I climbed out of the helicopter. Taking guns from the weapons cache on-board. A spare pilot from the army personal helicopter climbed into our helicopter, some civilians from the other helicopters, which had to many people in them, climbed into ours taking the empty seats. We went over to the army helicopter and the other helicopters took off. They only came really to make it even in passenger numbers. The helicopters could hold 20 people on them and there was 10 soldiers on this one and then us 4, making a search team of 14 that was going to be split in 2.

We, the 4 of us from our helicopter, were kept together and 3 soldiers came over to us. We were to go to the helicopter that made an emergency landing rather than the crashed helicopter. And so we headed of in the direction that we saw it land. When we got there, it had a 3 soldiers guarding it.

"Hey!" The pilot shouted and the guards nodded and we proceeded. The one with the gas mask told us the infection was in the helicopter and now everyone, except for the soldiers, are dead.

"Did you kill them?" Marie asked.

"Yes ma'am. All dead. Would you like to see?"

"Of course." He handed her a gas mask and she put it on. He opened the helicopters door. Marie ran back to us and pulled her mask off and started pucking. "I thought I was used to seeing the bodies. Obviously not."

"Come on we should get back to the helicopter." I suggested. We all started back to the helicopter.

When we arrived the other guys had 4 injured survivors.

"Oh shit. There won't be enough room." Carol pointed out.

"We can stand." The pilot said.

"There won't be enough oil or gas, whatever helicopters use, to get us to wherever we are trying to get to." Marie said, rather calmly. The injured had already been put onto the helicopter. The other soldiers got came over to us and we decided who was to stay and who was to go.

"We need 2 pilots. And all civilians should be evacuated." A soldier said looking at Carol, Marie and myself. "Plus the injured which brings us up to 9. Eleven places left."

"8 places left." Marie interrupted.

"What? No. You can't just stay out here." I practically screeched.

"What I did to people back at the facility, I don't deserve to be saved." Marie argued.

"You were only doing what was necessary and made my sister a bit of a cool badass. With the kicks and shit." Then I continued it.

"It doesn't matter. I'm staying." Then she ended it.

"I'm staying with you then." And that was final.

"And I'm not going anywhere without my big sister." And she made it worse, by being loyal.

"Fine more for us." The leader of the 3 we found said, pushing us out of the way and heading for the helicopters. I cocked my head to the right and my mouth sat open.

"How did they actually die?" I asked the leader.

"The infection. It got on-board the helicopter." He replied.

"How?"

"One of the woman was bitten and didn't tell anyone and soon went mental."

"Why did you have to kill everyone? Why not just her?"

"She had bitten people."

"Then why not kill her and the people she had bitten."

"For all we knew a lot of people had been bitten, and we didn't know who."

"Then why not check them after you killed the woman and her infectees?" This time the soldier didn't answer but pointed a gun to my head.