Refugees of Safety Zone 254

Already Commander Davis was barking orders at his men. At one point, he mistook me as an army medic, but when he noticed I wasn't he apologised. Dana was tending to a woman with terrible burns on her arm. Carl was patching up a man that had a shotgun wound to his leg, it wasn't pretty. Phillip was checking the people that seemed fine, checking their eyes and stuff. Then Mandy came over to me.

"Vicky! Thank god your here. There simply isn't enough for us to look after on our own. We have managed to get 5 people away from the helicopters but it will take at least 2 weeks to check the refugees from Safety Zone 254. Davis is sending some of the helicopters to other safety zones. leaving us with at least 30 people to work with. I want you to double check everyone. Phillip is checking everyone that isn't harmed so you check the people that Dana and Carl have already checked." I nodded, knowing that I shouldn't ask her anything else. I headed to where all the people were being directed to and checked all the injured people. Mandy then came over and joined me, helping me check that none of these people had the infection. All except 3 helicopters took off and the 4 helicopters split in to 2 flying away frrom the Hotel. With the other 4 helicopters gone, the hotel roof seemed fairly less crowded. With the exception of the 30 injured people and the Army troops running around talking desperately down the radios. Suddenly there was a scream, it was Dana. Everyone turned to look at her. We all saw the burnt man biting into her neck. When he pulled himself away, strings of Dana's flesh clinging to his teeth and her neck then we heard it snap. It was to late for anyone to do anything, Dana's jugular vein had been ripped from her neck and she was going to die. The soldiers took him out pretty easily but in all the commotion we had forgotten that Dana had now contracted the infection, who was now biting into the flesh of another soldier, one that tried to help her..

"Oh my god." I heard Mandy whisper to herself. She then pulled the doors behind us open and the people we had passed through turned out to be infected, they attacked Mandy and started tripping over each other just to get to the rest of us. My first instict was to run and find Carol, she would have been in the kitchen. So I ran for the stairwell, dodging the other people. When I reached the stairs, I saw Carol running up them screaming.

"There's zombies at the fences they're gonna..." Then she noticed the zombies up here. I gripped her hand and ran for the helicopters. I hopped into one and others followed us. Phillip was one of them, he jumped in with 3 of the soldiers. The helicopter pilot looked as if he was frozen with fear. So I gave him a nudge as the soldiers shot the zombies making their way towards us. The helicopter then lifted off, we had made it out of there just in time. I stared at the scene of the hotel, on the roof, zombies were falling off the roof trying to get at us and at the gates, zombies were crowding around it. I watched as the gates collapsed and the zombies flooded in. It was to much. I sat back in one of the seats of the helicopter and closed my eyes, trying to clear my head.

7 of us. We were the last survivors of a Safety Zone with at least 150 people in it. The Pilot finally broke the silence.

"So where do we go from here?" We all looked at each other. None of us had any idea of where to go to. Carol then thought of something.

"City Hall?" We all looked at her.

"Carol. The zombies will have City Hall infected. I mean. It's in a densly populated area. The area would be crawling with Infected." I told her.

"Well where do you suggest?"

"This is gonna sound mad. But the old farm." Everyone then looked at me.

"Where is it?" The Pilot asked me.

"Get us to city hall. And I'll know where to go from there."

"Alright." He nodded and then banked to the right.