Home, Bloody Home

The helicopter was hovering just above City Hall, we looked down at the scene below. Surrounding the building, the infected had their hands reaching through the bars. There was a giant red word painted onto the grass. The word was 'HELP'. The military must have lost all their food supplies or something. But by the looks of it refugees from Safety Zone 254 must have gotten here already. 2 helicopters were sitting just outside the City Hall. Suddenly, a group of about 4 people burst out onto the roof. The 3 men leaned against the door, holding it closed as infected banged at the door. The woman waved her hands signaling to us. I immediately jumped from my seat, throwing the rope ladder over the edge of helicopter and telling the pilot to move in close. The woman grasped desperately for the ladders and when she finally grabbed them, she climbed up a few steps and shouted to her companions.

"Guys hurry!!!" One of the men ran to the ladder first and after he climb a few more steps, the other two followed jumping towards the ladder. Both catching onto the ladder as the infected burst through the door. The helicopter quickly pulled away. the infected running off the edge in an attempt to get something to bite, just as they had done back at the hotel. Phillip and I were helping the survivors into the helicopter, I gave the woman my seat and Phillip gave one of the men his. I went to the pilots seat and told him to go in a North Western direction, hopefully that would take us to Mallusk. The pilot agreed and banked the helicopter and flew off.

After awhile, we arrived in Mallusk, an industrial/residential area, but the infection seemed really bad around here. Zombies shuffled around, bumping into each other, cars where crashed into each other and buildings, that had collapsed on top of the cars. People lay on the streets, the people that had been so badly eaten that even the Infection couldn't resurrect them were left on the roads with obvious signs of rotting from this height. The helicopter then stopped to hover above the zombie horde below.

"Where now?" The pilot asked.

"Follow this road you can't miss it." The helicopter tilted forward a bit and the scene below started scrolling along below us. Eventually the farm house came into view, a few kilometers from the road. The lane up to the house was empty except for 3 or 4 zombies. As the helicopter was beginning to land, I told the Pilot that dropping us off on the roof of the house would be good. So he eagerly hovered over the roof and I dropped the rope ladder over the edge. I climbed down 1st, then my sister followed and then Phillip followed, the woman and her 3 companions followed down after Phillip. I looked up as one of the soldiers on the helicopter threw a walky-talky down to me.

"Tell us when you have unbolted the door." I climbed through the velux, that Carol and I had climbed through to get out of the house during the outbreak. I drew my gun and flicked the torch attachment on. The door leading to the second floor landing was still locked and barricaded. So I walked back to the velux and told the group,

"It's safe. Come on." They all climbed in, one after the other. After they all got in, I closed the window and turned the light on. "Alright I'm going downstairs to open the front door for the others. Once I walk out that door. Lock it behind me. Okay?"

"I'm coming with you." Carol protested.

"No it's too dangerous, even for me."

"At least let me come." Phillip started, "I'm military personal, I know what I'm doing."

"Okay. Do you have your gun?"

"Yep. Let's go." I walked down the attic to the stairs that lead to the door, which opened onto the second floor landing. I moved the chairs I had placed there away from the door and undid the locks. "Ready?"

"Yep." I slowly pulled the door open, checking for zombies but there where none so I opened it up more. I walked out slowly and Phillip followed, both our guns at the ready. I checked my old bedroom, nothing. Phillip was checking Carol's old room, again nothing. I went on to the bathroom, my infected dad was hunched over with his back to me. He didn't notice me so I had enough time to shoot him right in the head with perfect aim. One shot to the head and to be sure a quick double tap. I walked back out. Phillip was at my parents bedroom door. He turned round as my footstep's echo reached his ear.

"Jesus. You scared me."

"What's wrong?"

"There's something in there." I looked into his eyes, he seemed to be scared as hell. So I walked passed him. Opened the door and sure enough there was one of the Special Zombies, now known as the Creeper. Mainly because it creeps the fuck out of people. It has pure white eyes, grey skin, claws the size of a ruler and it's very fast and can crawl across the walls and ceilings.

I open fired. Phillip joined in with shooting as another zombie walked towards us from the stairs. I watched as the Creeper's blood sprayed from the bullets, the best thing to do with a Creeper is to destroy it's limbs then take the fatal blow to the head. Phillip had taken my infected mum down and was now helping me blast this Creeper back to hell. After it finally dropped, I ran up to it and shot it twice in the head and walked downstairs. Positive that that was the only zombies in the house. I put the walky-talky to my mouth.

"Unbolting the door now."

"Roger that. Landing now. Over." I moved the barricades and unbolted the door just as the propellers stopped. The soldiers ran in shooting down the zombies walking towards them. After they were all in, I closed the door, bolted and barricaded it again. I walked back up the stairs and knocked 3 times on the door, Carol opened it and walked out with the other 4 following behind her.

"Home, Bloody Home." Carol muttered to me.