we can't just leave him

We ran across the roof. I looked over the edge with the ivy covering it. I climbed down first and Carol climbed down after me. We made it down fairly quitely and ran to the barn. I went in first, there was an axe on the wall. I lifted it from its place and searched the barn for infected it was empty except for the Pick up Truck, which lucky for us had a few suitcases which had clothes in the back. I opened one of them I pulled out a pair of grey sweats and plain white trainers. Carol picked out a black hoodie and track suit bottoms and a pair of black converse. I got out of the truck and grabbed the keys. There was also a crowbar and a hammer. I picked them both up and ran back to the truck. I started the engine and drove straight through the wooden doors. I drove through the fields wanting to avoid the main road. We drove for a while and then we noticed a group of army like men standing around a group of scientists. I stopped the car and they looked over at us. One of them motioned 2 of his mean to go check us out. 2 men came over to our truck and they ordered us to get out. We didn't hesitate to agree. We just jumped out of the car and they made sure we went all the way back to the group.

"State your names." The one that was more heavily armoured instructed.

"Victoria Redding." I replied.

"Carol Redding." Carol following my lead.

"Age." The man again instructed

"21." I replied again

"14." Carol replying after me.

"Why are you here?"

"We were running."

"What from?"

"We had a safe place with other people..." I started but one of the scientists interrupted me.

"She's infected." She was pointing at Carol. "But it says you have had the infection for 2-3 days but you show no sign of change or illness."

"So that means she's immune." Another scientist announced. I stood infront of Carol hoping to protect her.

"We move now." The heavy armoured man made his way back to a large army vehicle.

"Wait." I shouted, he turned around. "We have to go back for my friend he's still at the Farm."

"Something tells me he's already dead." The soldier started walking back to his vehicle.

"We left because we were forced to not because we were attacked." I stood up to the man. He simply stopped where he stood.

"You 4 go with them." A scientist and 3 soldiers walked over to me and Carol. I returned to the truck and Carol followed me. The scientist and 2 of the soldiers got in the back and the remaining soldier climbed onto the back of the truck. I drove back to the house. Once we arrived, a few zombies arrived at the house. The soldier on the back shot them all with ease. We got out of the truck and walked up to the door. The soldiers shot the door down and we entered the farm house.

The guards of the Safety area came down. "Shot to kill men!" The pilot screeched. But they were gunned down by the soldiers.

"Move!" I screamed and ran up the stairs. I searched every room shouting for Phillip. Then I came to the door to the attic. Blood was seeping from the bottom of it. I pulled the door open and Phillip's body lay on the ground. Bullet holes covering his torso. One leg broken. I fell to the ground. Tears blurring my vision.