He's a sick one if he does exist

I was looking right down the barrel of the gun, it felt like staring into the eyes of death itself. The entire group froze except for the soldier's group, they were getting themselves onto the helicopter.

"Join us or be left here. And no more fucking questions!" The soldier in the most life threatening stances, more or less, ordered.

"We'll join you." The other soldiers agreed. Carol and Marie must of gave them some sort of death glare because as they passed by I noticed them staring behind me, at them as if there was something wrong with them. 

"Now what about you 3?" The soldier pressed on.

"We aren't going anywhere with you. You monster!" Carol spat at him. He was now aiming his gun at her.

"No!" Marie and I screamed at him. But before the soldier could pull the trigger, Carol had grabbed his arm and twisted it with enough force that it broke,his bone had broke through the skin. Carol then grabbed his knife and slit her hand and his other arm, she squeezed some of her blood into his cut.

"Now you're infected." Carol spat at him.

"Carol!" I screamed in shock at her.

"It's all we wanted from her." Marie informed. "We wanted her to be the cure and the weapon."

"Why would you do that?!" I screamed at her. We had all forgotten about the soldier, who was trying to get onto the helicopter.

"He's infected!" Carol shouted to the other soldiers, they all took out their guns and pointed them at him. Then they open fired.

"Are you?" They shouted back to us.

"Yes. But we aren't going to go near the helicopter." The soldier nodded and the door sealed. The propellers started. And soon the helicopter took off leaving us alone in the forest. Carol ran over to the deformed body and took all his guns, she took his shotgun and handed the combat knife to me and the Uzi to Marie. "Let's go." Carol ordered, cocking the shotgun.

"This has gone to your head hasn't it?" I asked her.

"Obviously, I'm the ultimate weapon." Carol nodded. Then we walked forward. I had my pistol in one hand,the combat knife in the other and the pistol I took from the weapon cache on the helicopter was in my pocket. Carol had the shotgun in hand and her 2 pistols in her pockets. Then we heard the Skeletals screech, some maniacal laughing and the random grunts that the infected made sometimes. Marie had began running, Carol and I following her led.

"There's a church just ahead of us. We need to hurry." She shouted back to us. Marie ran and ran, Carol and I trying our best to keep up, but the speed she was running at was athletic rate. Carol was just a bit a head of me but Marie was at least 5 metres ahead of her and she looked to be holding back. Then we heard a maniacal laugh right behind us, then the creeper jumped and landed on Marie, Marie falling to the ground as the creeper landed on her. It pulled her by the hair until she screamed and even when she did the creeper put his other hand on her neck forcing down then we heard a snap. Carol was right beside Marie and the creeper when Marie's head was ripped off, the creeper wasn't paying attention to us but started eating at Marie's neck. Carol was frozen with shocked until the creeper looked at her. It's blood red eyes staring into her's and it then grinned, Carol wasted no more time and shot him in the head, the small pieces splattering all over the trees. I then pulled Carol away and we saw the Church.

"Come on. Hurry!" I panted. I forced myself not to stop and Carol looked to be doing the same. We ran across the field as fast as possible and when we reached the church. We both banged on the door as hard as possible, but no one answered. Well we could have guessed as much. So we ran around to find another way in. We found a hatch leading to a basement. We didn't waste anytime in running into the hatch. I pulled it closed behind me. I small lamp was on generating enough light to fill the room a bit. I picked up a plank of wood and stuck it between the handles in some attempt to barricade the door. We proceeded into the basement further and found the stairs heading up them and into the back of Church's main hall. I walked into the church main hall, Carol following after me. A group of survivors were sitting at the hall. One looked like a paramedic, 2 others looked like soldiers and the rest were just a few random survivors.

"Don't shot! We're not infected!" I shouted over to them. They nodded and the 2 soldiers approached us.

"God seems to have blessed you then." One of them told us.

"God? You still believe in a God?" Carol questioned, a hint of anger.

"It gives the survivors hope."

"He's a sick one if he does exist ." Carol finished.