Safety Zone 135

"Wakey, Wakey." I swiped my hand at the air above me. The voice then repeated. "Wakey, Wakey."

"Go away!" I moaned into my pillow, my bed covers were then pulled away from me. "Carol!!! Give me the blanket back!!!"

"No!!! Not until you get up." She told me, before running out of the room with my blanket.

"BITCH!!! Get back here with my blanket!" I shouted out into the hallway.

"Nope." She said casually. So I lifted myself out my bed, in nothing but underwear and a vest. I ran out of my room and into the hotel's 5th floor hallway. Not noticing that Harry Wilford, the biggest pervert in the entire Safety zone, was standing at his door beside mine.

"Carol if you don't give that back to me. I swear to God, your going be out that window!" She turned around and giggled,

"At least, I'll have something comfortable to land on."

"What?" A hint of anger raised in my tone and she giggled more, so I looked out the window. When I noticed she hadn't thrown the blanket out the window, I charged at her. She then reached into her own room and threw the blanket in my face, causing me to trip over my own feet. She burst out laughing and went back into her room. When I got back up, I realised Harry was watching me in my underwear, when he suddenly noticed that I was glaring at him, he quickly turned around and walked away, towards the stairwell. I walked back into my room, threw the blanket back down on the bed and walked over to my wardrobe and pulled out a pair of brown boots and some jeans. I looked through my wardrobe for a shirt that would go well with the jeans and found a Red and White jumper that went well with the jeans and the boots. I set my clothes on the bed and went over to my window and stared out into the Ruins of Belfast.

4 years ago before Z-day, my mum, dad, Carol and I used to live in the countryside, working on the Farm. Then the infection came, and our dad became one of those... things. He killed our mother and started eating her alive, she screamed at me to take Carol away from the farm and to take her to someplace safe. At first, we joined some survivors that barricaded a shopping mall but the supplies started to go down and we decided to move on, eventually we got to a military compound. The ammo for my dad's old rifle was nearly all gone and my machete was rusted with blood. We were so lucky to have found that compound and now we're here.

Then I noticed at least 7 helicopters flying towards the Hotel. I looked in the direction of where they were coming from, at first I mistook them as clouds but it turned out to be pillars of smoke. I quickly pulled my clothes on over my underwear and vest and then briskly walked out of my room and went next door to Carol's room. "Come on."

"You may be 21 but that doesn't mean you can control me."

"Your 14 which means I am your guardian for another 2 years. You'll get your own job and I won't have to look after you anymore." She rolled her eyes and walked past me. "Forgetting something?" I lifted her Taurus Model 94. And handed it to her.

"Thanks." After she left her room and headed to the entrance of the stairwell, I reached into my room and pulled out my Walther P-22 and my green access card. I headed for the Stairwell and walked up to the roof. The helicopters had already landed but they were full of refugees, maybe from the place the smoke was rising from. But wherever it came from these people need a doctor, so many of the people on these helicopters were either burnt badly or had bullet wounds. What if one of these people is bitten? I suppose that's what they need me, Dana, Carl and Phillip for.