Not you.

I woke up and Phillip was lying beside me. Don't worry we where fully clothed and we didn't do anything last night we just slept in the same bed. I slowly got up not wanting to wake Phillip up. I slowly opened the door and avoiding cracking floor boards. I went downstairs and saw that Carol had fallen asleep infront of the TV, someone must have turned it off for her. So I headed into the kitchen. There I found the woman we saved from City Hall. Her skin had gotten very pale. I tapped her shoulder,

"Are you okay?" She slowly turned around, then I saw her eyes, the colour had faded away and her nose had a bloody trail flowing from it. "Fuck!" I jumped back from her. She was slowly making her way toward me. There were no weapons anywhere near me. There were some knives behind her but that would involve risking it to get past her just to stick a knife through her head when I could easily shut the door lock it with the locks that my dad had installed incase of such an emergancy. So I did that. I pulled the door behind me open as fast as possible and slammed it closed, locking it behind myself.

"Help!!!" I screamed at the top of my lungs. I heard a comotion upstairs as people rushed to see what was happening. "Please hurry!!!" I screamed louder this time. I heard the stairs being beat by many feet as the soldiers and Phillip rushed down to see what was heppening. They saw me leaning against the door and the zombified woman inside was still banging the door down. Suddenly the door gave way. I was lurged forward as the zombie broke through the door. I fell into Phillip's arms as the soldiers shot at the zombie.

"I want everyone checked now!" The pilot, at least I think it was the pilot, demanded.

"What?" Phillip asked the pilot, one of his eyebrow arched.

"You 2 are medical people, right?" The pilot pointed at me and Phillip.

"Yes well check us all." 

"Alright." I agreed, "If anthing I'm more up for checking everyone."

"You will also be checked."

"Of course." Phillip agreed.

"We'll check everyone up in the attic. Much easier to contain."

"Have you got everything you'll need?"

"Yep." I lead Phillip to the small room under the stairs. It contained a lot of medicines and medical equipment. We took out multiple syringes and 2 microscopes. We headed upstairs. Into the attic, Carol followed us up. When we got up to the attic we started a secret conversation.

"What if one of us is infected?" Phillip asked first.

"They'll be gunned down." I said, my face dropping and my tone turning cold.

"That's horrible!" Carol whimpered. I wrapped my arms around her.

"You'll be fine, you haven't been infected." Carol started to cry.

"But I have!" I pulled myself from her.

"What?" I looked her right in the eyes. She pulled back her arm. It had 2 claw marks on it. I pulled her in for a final hug, thinking this might be the last time I'd be able to. Tears raced down my cheeks. "I'm gonna save you. There has to be a cure. I'm not letting you die."

"How long have you had this?" Phillip asked rather calmly, I almost screamed at him. Here I was sharing what might be my last moments with my sister and he's sitting there like nothings wrong.

"Since the safety zone."

"No." I walked backwards away from her, shaking my head with my hand up to my mouth.

"If she's still well there's a chance she'll make it."

"What?"

"Victoria I think you may have blood that is immune to the effects."

"But our mum and dad changed into those things."

"Oh right."

"We need to get you out of here. Before they come up and kill you." I said while I wiped the tears from my cheeks. I looked at the velux window. "Go I'll distract them. Phillip go with her."

"No you go. I'll stay here and make sure they don't follow you."

"Oh my god. No."

"Go." I was distraught my sister was infected and my boyfriend was basically making me abondon him and get him shot. So I pulled him close and kissed him before climbing out the window with my sister. Phillip closed the window behind me. I looked back and he was looking at me. My vision was blurred by my tears.