Epilogue

HEY guys I'm back so you're probably wondering why I haven't updated since the 21st of July well let me tell y'all my story so I was going to up in August but our internet was not working because we moved to a new house they recently I tried to update last week but when I tried to update it kind of locked me out I don't know but last night I updated the Wattpad app and look now to see if it's working and it is yay !! So this is the last chapter of my favorite story I've ever written but I'm working on new ones and I can't wait to show y'all and without further ado please enjoy this chapter don't forget get to comment/ vote or both and I'm terribly sorry it's so late!

———

'you can come up now'

Clarke smiled down at her phone, eyes squinting to read the message on the lock screen in the blinding summer sun. With a sigh she heaved herself off the lawn chair and grabbed her half drunken glass of lemonade off the side table. She had been waiting for Bellamy's text for what felt like an hour. As much as she loved laying out in the sun, especially after the long Chicago winter, Clarke was more than ready to see what Bellamy had been so determined to hide from her.

"You know," she called into the house as she slid open the glass door, "you could have just done whatever it is you are doing while I was at Octavia's yesterday." Poking her head into the kitchen Clarke looked for any sign of Bellamy. Finding none she moved back through the family room into the front living room. Still no sign of him.

"I was working on it yesterday too. It's sort of a multi-day project." Clarke rolled her eyes and followed his disembodied voice up the stairs. "I can't believe you are making me come upstairs," she complained, gripping the handrail tightly with each step.

"Oh, shit." She smirked at the slight panic in his voice. Suddenly Bellamy appeared at the top of the stairs, his hair in its usual mess and his eyes wide with worry. "Are you okay? Just stay there I'll-"

"I'm just kidding, Bell. For God's sake you would think I'm made of glass the way you all act around me."

He grabbed her hand as she reached the top step and kissed her forehead. "Yes, how dare I worry about you and the girls?"

Clarke rolled her eyes. "Well, what is my great surprise Mr. Blake?"

"This way, Mrs. Blake," he replied as he began to lead her down the hall by their clasped hands. Clarke couldn't help but smile when her eye caught on the solid, gold band around his ring finger.

Their wedding had been a small affair. Just her mom and Kane, the Jahas, and their friends on the same beach they visited each year for the Fourth of July. It certainly wasn't the upper crust, grand affair that her mother had hoped for, but to Clarke it had been perfect. After all, the only thing that really mattered to her was the man at the end of the aisle and the look on his face when she met him there.

Bellamy came to a stop outside of Octavia's old room, unused for close to three years now. He turned to her, suddenly nervous, and raked a hand through his hair in that familiar way of his. "You ready, Princess?"

"More than ready, Old man." Gripping her hand a little tighter he pushed the door open. Clarke's jaw dropped as she took in the room.

"So? What do you think? If you don't like the color we can always change it, I just thought that since you said-"

"I love it," she said, cutting off his nervous ramblings.

He turned to her with a small smile playing at his lips. "Yeah?"

"Yeah," Clarke nodded. Though she wanted to blame the tears welling in her eyes on her insane hormones, she knew that wasn't entirely fair. The room was perfect. Bellamy had removed the floral wallpaper and painted the walls a pale yellow. The shade was nearly exactly the one that Clarke had pointed out months ago when they weren't even really thinking about babies yet. Giraffe curtains adorned the windows and a matching rug spanned the floor. An assortment of toys sat on either side of a small, white bookcase and a changing table. In the corner sat the large, comfy armchair Clarke had eyed a few weeks before when they went shopping in the city after one of her check ups. However, it was the two white cribs standing side by side against one wall, three of her watercolors hanging above them, that made Clarke's heart beat a little faster. The names delicately carved into the wood suddenly made everything seem so real.

Aurora

Adelaide

Suddenly she couldn't hold back a sob. "Hey," Bellamy whispered as her pulled into the tightest hug he could given the space Addie and Rory took up in her belly.

"It's real. This is really happening, Bell. We are going to be parents."

"Is that just now setting in, Princess? Because it's a little late to back out now."

Choking out a watery laugh Clarke pushed him away. "You ass, you know what I mean."

"Yeah, I know," he murmured in response as he came to stand behind her. Clarke sighed in contentment as he rested his head on her shoulder and his hands on her belly.

"I can't believe I didn't realize you were doing all of this."

"Well you haven't been up here at all, that made it easier." This was true, Clarke had been sleeping on the pullout in the family room for the past month. The stairs were too much at this point. She felt close to bursting and it was easier to just stay downstairs. "I know you wanted to help set it all up but I just figured you have been so tired lately and all... I'm sorry if you wanted to be more involved. We can change it if you want."

"No," Clarke laughed. "I have no energy at all. Besides, its perfect."

"One more month."

"One more month," she parroted as she twisted in his arms and planted a kiss on his lips. It seemed impossible to her that she could ever be happier than she was in that moment.

Two and a half weeks later when she saw Bellamy holding their brand new, very impatient, dark haired little girls for the first time she was proven wrong.

An/ hope you guys liked it don't forget to comment or vote or Just do both and thanks for all the reviews and votes I hoped y'all liked it bye !! 
All typos are mine!