Rum and Coke

A/N: Hope y'all enjoy this chapter !

---------------

"Um, okay." Clarke opened the door more and stepped aside, allowing Raven into the living room. "Uh, you can just sit over there," she pointed to the couch. "Do you want anything to drink? I have-"

"Do you have any beer?"

"Yeah, uh, sure. One second." Clarke walked to the kitchen, ignoring Octavia's questioning look from the couch.

"Hey Princess, can you tell O to tell the guys it will be about 30 minutes?" Bellamy had a dishtowel thrown over his shoulder. He stood at the stove pushing chicken around in the frying pan.

"Um, yeah, sure." Clarke grabbed a beer from the fridge. After a moments hesitation she grabbed a second one. Raven worried her. For some reason she couldn't shake the feeling that something was seriously wrong.

"You okay, Clarke?"

"Hmm?"

Bellamy put the spatula down and walked towards her, concern painted across his face. "Are you alright?"

"Oh, yeah. I'm fine, sorry. I'll just tell Octavia." As she left the kitchen she could feel his questioning eyes on her back.

"Bellamy says to text the guys it will be thirty minutes."

"Clarke who is-" Clarke continued walking and ignored Octavia's questions.

Raven had chosen a seat in one of the armchairs. The dark haired woman was fiddling with her keys nervously.

"Here," Clarke handed her a beer before taking a seat on the couch. "So what is it?"

"Well, there isn't really any good way to put this." Her voice was cold and bitter but her eyes met Clarke's defiantly. "I was just down at Sacred Ground visiting my boyfriend of seven years. My high school sweetheart, the boy next door, you know, that type of thing." Clarke swallowed hard hoping that this wasn't going where she felt it was. "I couldn't find him in the his usual wing so naturally I asked one of the nurses on the floor. I'm sure you can imagine my surprise when a nurse told me I could probably find him with Dr. Clarke Griffin who he had been dating for four months."

"Oh my God." Clarke was shocked. Beyond shocked. She was stunned. Finn, who had been begging to meet her family, who had been so open and vocal about how much he cared about her, who had fucking offered to let her move in with him, was in a relationship. She, Clarke Griffin, was the other woman. She was the mistress. He had strung her along for 4 months and she had bought every second of it.

"Yeah, I was a little shocked myself." Raven said resentfully, glaring at Clarke. "I mean here I was, returned from a year in a fucking submarine expecting to come home to the guy I love being only in love with me."

"Raven I-"

"I mean, its not like this guy has talked about marrying me time and time again. Its not like he has been my whole life for seven fucking years. More than seven fucking years." She paused, taking a long drink of her beer. Clarke used the opportunity to talk.

"Raven, I had no idea, I swear. If I had known I never would have- I promise you I would have said no- I am not-"

"So he didn't tell you then?" Raven searched her face as if to determine if Clarke was lying.

"I had no idea." Clarke tried desperately to keep her voice steady as a wave of emotion rocked over her. He had used her. She had been the other woman.

"Of fucking course." Raven downed the rest of her beer. She looked over at Clarke, no doubt seeing the emotional turmoil she felt inside splattered across her face. Raven seemed to deflate a little, sinking back into the chair with a weary sigh. "I wanted so bad to come here and be pissed at you. I wanted to fight you and curse you out for being a man-stealing whore. I so wanted to blame someone other than him. But he played you too, played you like he played me. "