Blueberry Pancakes

A/N: IN BACK YOU GUYS! It's good to be back and I hope y'all enjoy this chapter you can got her about my holiday and episode rant on 'Always always a bridesmaid' and without further ado please enjoy this chapter

Sorry for typos

In early August Wells told her he wanted to come visit for a week and Clarke was over the moon. It was decided that in the last week of August Wells would fly to Chicago. After miraculously managing to get the week off work, Clarke bounded down the stairs of the small house to inform the Blakes. With Octavia nowhere to be seen, it was Bellamy who was first informed of the impending visit. Clarke nearly crashed into him as she rounded the corner of the TV room.

"Whoa, careful there, Princess." He grabbed her shoulders to steady her as she faltered. "Where are you heading in such a rush?"

"Wells is coming!"

Bellamy's face scrunched up. "What?"

"My friend Wells," Clarke continued with a huge grin on her face. "I grew up with him and I haven't seen him since I left DC in February. He is coming up on the 25th and staying for a week."

Bellamy laughed at her pure, uninhibited excitement. Finally releasing his hold on her shoulders he stepped back and pointed towards the back door. "O is outback tending her flowers, I'm sure she will be thrilled for you."

Clarke flashed him one last wide grin before bounding outside to tell Octavia.

Wells arrived on a Saturday and Finn drove Clarke to the airport to pick him up in the late afternoon.

"So tell me again how you know this guy?"

"We have known each other for as long as I can remember. We grew up together because our parents were so close. My mom and his knew each other as kids because they are both from old, political, DC families."

Finn nodded. "And he does what again?"

"He is a lawyer for a private firm in Washington."

"Alright and he majored in Poly-Sci at the University of Virginia, right?"

"Finn, calm down. Its okay if you don't know everything about him, he will love you."

He shot her a nervous smile, "Hey, can you blame me for being a little on edge? I mean you said this guy is basically your brother so I'm basically meeting your family for the first time."

"Believe me, meeting Wells will be so much better than meeting my family."

"So I will meet them someday then?"

Clarke looked over at him. Finn was determinedly looking ahead. He had been pushing her to introduce him to her family for days now, ever since she mentioned the possibility of going back to DC in September to visit Wells and her Mom. She had already met his family weeks ago when they made the hour long drive to visit him in the city.

"Finn, you will. Someday. It's just a lot more complicated than you think."

"Then help me to understand, Clarke. Tell me why it is so complicated."

Clarke sighed exasperatedly. "Just drop it, Finn. I said no, okay?"

"Its just that-"

"We have only been together for four months, Finn!"

He looked over at her, hurt evident in his eyes. Clarke wanted to feel guilty, but she was too frustrated with how Finn seemed so much more attached to Clarke than she was to him. That wasn't to say she didn't like him, because she did, very much. But Clarke wasn't ready to open up about her whole past to Finn. She had been trying so hard to be patient with him on the subject and to convey how she needed time, but Finn didn't seem to ever get the message.