Fireworks

AN: Hey guys so this chapter was supposed to be up last week Friday but I was busy so here's the new chapter and will try to update between Sunday and Tuesday as Wednesday I'll be out of my country. Maybe I'll update two chapter .. You guys will have to wait three weeks for the next couple of chapters but without further ado please enjoy this chapter. Don't forget to comment what you think !

•••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

After some strong convincing, Finn agreed to stop by after his shift ended that night. When he finally texted Clarke that he was outside, she became a bundle of nerves. Clarke really liked Finn and although they had only been together for a short month, she liked to think he could be long-term. It was very important that he make a better impression, because Clarke also had a feeling the Blakes would be in her life for a while.

As she led him through the house to where people were gathered out back, Finn held onto her hand tightly. Clarke could sense how nervous he was about being back at the Blake's. The night before (after they had gotten back to his place) it had been Finn's turn to rant about Bellamy while Clarke just sat quietly on the couch, lost in thought.

However, social gatherings of any kind were Finn's element and as soon as Octavia's friends surrounded him he began to open up. Before long, Finn had become the main source of entertainment. Seated in one of the camping chairs, he told story after story of his travels and experiences at the hospital. Jasper and Monty watched him with amazement in their eyes, hanging on to his every word. Octavia and Lincoln shared a chair and although they were mostly wrapped up in each other, the pair occasionally tuned into Finn's latest tale. From her seat next to Finn, Clarke watched the other guests meander around the small yard. She was reminded of how safe and content she had felt all those weeks ago when Bellamy had stood at her side handing her dead leaves. Zoning out of Finn's of story about the month he spent with a tribe in the Amazon, Clarke scanned the yard for a familiar, freckled face. She had only seen Bellamy once since the party started and his change in behavior that morning still had her bewildered. Part of her was aching to see if the change had stuck or if Bellamy was already back to his old self. Kissing Finn on the cheek and muttering something about getting another drink, she moved away from the fire and back through the sliding glass doors into the house. There were much fewer people inside. One couple she vaguely recognized was tangled on the couch and Murphy was leading a game of beer pong on the dining room table. There was still no sign of Bellamy.

Pushing through the small crowd chanting Murphy's name, Clarke worked her way into the kitchen to refill her cup and take a breather from the party. It was there that she finally found the man she had been seeking. He was talking to Miller in the corner by the sink. Although his back was to Clarke, she recognized the dark curls and broad shoulders under his navy blue tee. She must have been staring a little too long because Miller made brief eye contact with her before nodding to Bellamy and leaving the kitchen.

"I haven't seen you around much tonight." Her voice made him start. She realized that he must not have known she was behind him. Bellamy turned towards her and ran a hand through his messy curls, shooting her a small smirk.

"I told you, Princess, I plan to keep my distance from our lord and savior, Dr. Finn Collins." His tone was incredibly lighter than it had been during their interactions in recent weeks. Despite the evident sarcasm laced bitterness, Bellamy seemed to be trying not to start a fight with her. Maybe miracles do happen.

"That doesn't mean you can't enjoy a party in your own house."

"Eh, I'm an old man now. These kinds of things aren't quite my style anymore. Anyways, who says I'm not enjoying it? Maybe my definition of fun isn't exactly sitting around listening to some the future winner of the Nobel Peace Prize tell stories about his life changing travels," Bellamy said sarcastically while rolling his eyes and placing a glass in the sink. A second after the words left his mouth he froze and quickly added, "No offense, Princess."