Oil and Water

A/N: YOU GUYS ! over 100 views!! I can be more happier! As a thank you I have decided that will give you guys a new chapter today and will get on on Friday as well That means two chapters this week !! So any I'll stil talking and you guys and start reading!

Chapter Text

During the five hours Bellamy and Clarke were forced to spend together before Octavia got home neither one spoke once. They decidedly avoided one another. When he saw her eating coco puffs in front of the TV, Bellamy had the sudden urge to sit on the back steps. When Bellamy was making a sandwich in the small kitchen, Clarke made the choice to have a late lunch rather than share the space with him. At precisely 2:00 in the afternoon, both sat in the living room staring at their phones on opposite ends of the couch. Every few minutes Clarke sneaked a small glance in his direction and could swear he did the same. When the doorknob finally jingled both stood up immediately and, as annoyed as she was with Bellamy, Clarke couldn't help but be warmed by the excitement on his face. He looked like a five year old on Christmas morning.

Octavia entered the house like a hurricane. She burst through the door, dropping her suitcase and purse on the ground, and rushed over to her brother. Clarke stood to the side and smiled as the two Blakes held onto each other like there was nothing else in the world.

"I'm glad you are back, big brother." Her voice was thick with emotion and his mirrored it a moment later.

"Sorry your surprise was ruined."

Octavia rolled her eyes. "Please, it was a sweet idea, Bell, but all I care about is you being here. Being safe." She kissed his cheek and hugged him again. When they parted, their eyes weren't quite free of tears. After a pause, Octavia seemed to remember the elephant in the room. She rushed over to Clarke and gave her a bone-crushing hug. "I am so, so, so sorry, Clarke!"

"Octavia," she laughed, "I told you its totally-"

"If you should be apologizing to anyone it should be me, O. I told you no when you asked but you did it anyways. I thought I said-"

"Yeah, Bell, I know what you said. But I'm almost 21, I can handle myself. We need the money and she needs the room so why the hell not?"

"Because-"

"I'm not a little kid anymore."

"I know that, O. Trust me." He huffed with annoyance.

"Then trust me when I say you are being ridiculous. Does Clarke look like she could hurt a fly?"

His dark eyes flicked over to Clarke and she suddenly felt very nervous. A second later they were back on his sister.

"What if she hadn't been the one to show up, O? What if it had been some creep-"

"I would have called Jasper or Monty."

He let out an exasperated laugh. "Really, they would protect you?"

"How dare you! You know they would." Octavia looked livid. Bellamy looked ashamed.

"I'm not questioning their loyalty, but I'm not sure they could actually-"

"Whatever, Bell. I'm not going to argue hypotheticals with you. I haven't seen you in six months and I would really love to not spend my first hours with you arguing over something as stupid as this."

For a minute Clarke thought he was going to refuse to back down. There was stubbornness in his face and his stance was one full of physicality and intimidation. However, his eyes softened and he sighed. After mumbling and apology he grabbed her bags and started up the stairs. Octavia turned her still flushed face to Clarke.