Hot Coffee

AN: Please read after the big bold line what's happening!

"So get down to it, Clarke. Why did you so vehemently demand my presence?" Raven raised an eyebrow as she sipped at her coffee. Sighing deeply, Clarke tried to work herself up to telling Raven what she needed to. "Come on, spit it out, Griffin."

"Fine, just... you have to promise to keep it to yourself, okay? At least until I figure out what to do. There is a reason I didn't invite Octavia or Harper or Maya."

Raven narrowed her eyes in suspicion but agreed. "Now tell me what it is, the suspense is killing me. Are you pregnant? Are you moving?" Her eyes widened, "Oh my God, are you dying?"

"No, its nothing... it's not a big deal, okay? It's just... private." Raven looked ready to throttle her if she didn't explain herself soon. "It's about Bellamy."

The woman across from her rolled her eyes and flung herself back against the cheap, wooden chair. "Oh, God, don't tell me I have to go to another Blake surprise party. Last time I woke up on the bathroom floor with puke-"

"No, its not a party," Clarke said hastily as an elderly woman the table over eyed her and Raven with disgust. "And could you keep your voice down a little? We are in public."

"For the love of God, Griffin, if you don't spill your guts in the next twenty seconds I will-"

"I made out with Bellamy at the New Years party!"

Raven's eyes widened as she nearly spit out her coffee. The old lady next to them looked scandalized. Clarke covered her mouth in embarrassment at how loud her declaration had been.

"What?" Raven nearly shrieked. "Oh my God, fucking finally! Please tell me you hooked up too!"

At this the old woman very loudly made her departure, her shrewd eyes eating into Clarke and Raven as she made her way to the door.

"No, we did not hook up," Clarke hissed, staring at her coffee as if it had horribly insulted her. "Look, we were really drunk and I guess I was feeling kind of lonely and he said some things that just... I don't know he has really big hands and his freckles looked really good in the light of the kitchen and I just wanted to know what it would be like and it just happened."

"You just happened to make out with Bellamy. Like I just happened to step in gum this morning. Yeah, right."

"I'm serious."

"Clarke, there is clearly more to this."

"No, there isn't. We were drunk and we kissed and then Jasper broke the window trying to impress Maya with his pitching skills so Bellamy had to go deal with that. Nothing happened afterwards."

Raven narrowed her eyes and stared at Clarke for a long moment. Her scrutiny made Clarke uncomfortable, causing her to pick apart the paper napkin by her hand. "Have you talked to him about it at all?"

"No."

"Clarke! It's been, like, a week!"

"We both have been really busy with work."

"You fucking live together, Griffin."

"Every time I see him I get so nervous! I don't know what to do, I don't know how to handle this!"

"Just be honest with him. Look if-" Raven was interrupted by her phone. She glanced down at the screen before shooting Clarke an apologetic look. "I'll be right back, I got to take this, its work."

Clarke nodded and focused on the napkin again, thankful for the momentary break in conversation. She has never been great at dealing with people, since she was a kid Clarke preferred to handle her issues and emotions on her own. This situation with Bellamy, however, was proving too complicated to work out on her own. It was sticky enough, but living with him made things much worse. That was why she had called Raven. It was a last ditch effort to try and figure out what to do.