Steps

AN: Mama Griffin comes to town ;) !
I hope y'all like it =D

"So when does your mom get in again?" Octavia asked despite her mouth being full of fruit loops. Lincoln was out of town visiting his sister leaving a very bored Octavia, who couldn't get time off work, behind. As a result, the younger Blake had spent nearly all of the past three days back at her childhood home.

"At three in the afternoon," Clarke replied while pouring an indecent amount of sugar into her coffee. "Lexa is taking me to pick her up."

"So that's still happening, huh?" Octavia said a little too casually as she pushed her cereal around. Clarke had to restrain herself from rolling her eyes. Raven and Octavia had made their feelings on Lexa abundantly clear over the past few weeks.

"Yes, its still going on. She is actually sweet once you get to know her and she is fun." Octavia raised an eyebrow and stared at Clarke incredulously causing the blonde to huff in irritation. "She is, Octavia."

"Okay," Octavia replied, pursing her lips. "Though I do know someone who is known to be fun and sweet and definitely into you even if he is just as stupid as-"

"Drop it, O," Clarke said harshly, quickly glancing at the archway to the kitchen.

"Don't worry, he already left for the precinct." Clarke felt her face blush a little at how quickly Octavia had picked up her concern. They sat at the table in silence, Octavia eating her sugary cereal and Clarke drinking her sugary coffee. It was nice to have Octavia back for a while, but her constant insinuations were starting to seriously irritate Clarke.

"I would really appreciate if you and Raven would stop trying to force something that isn't going to happen," she said calmly. Octavia just raised her eyebrows.

"How do you know it isn't going to happen?"

Clarke threw her head back in frustration. "Would you just drop it, already? I'm sure Raven has told you what I told her. It would be too risky. If it didn't work out I would have to find a new place to live, a new set of friends, a new-"

"Don't be so dramatic. You are just being stubborn and stupid and so very frustrating. You wouldn't lose your friends and there are tons of places in Chicago to-"

"None as perfectly located as this. And are you honestly saying you wouldn't feel weird hanging out with your brother's ex?" Octavia opened her mouth to respond but Clarke cut her off. "No, Octavia. It's not going to happen. Besides, I'm with Lexa now and he is with Echo. We are both happily-"

"He isn't with Echo anymore."

Clarke felt her heart stutter. "W-what?" Now that she thought of it, Echo hadn't been around for a while, really since Valentine's Day.

"Yeah," Octavia responded, her gaze returning to her cereal. "The big dummy dumped her a couple days after Valentine's Day. Apparently it wasn't pretty, but honestly what was he expecting with that timing?" She snuck a glance up at Clarke who was still too surprised to register the how carefully Octavia watched her reaction.

"But... he hasn't said anything to me about it."

Octavia snorted. "Yeah, because you two idiots talk about your love lives these days I'm sure."

"We are talking a lot again, thank you very much," Clarke retorted, feeling her face go red. "Things are getting back to normal."

"Yeah, okay." Clarke rolled her eyes. Octavia just smirked back as they fell into another moment of silence. Finally, Clarke couldn't bear it anymore and asked why they had broken up. Octavia's grin was blinding and Clarke internally chastised herself for giving the brunette exactly what she wanted.