Turkey

AN: I hope you guys like it !

"I-I'm sorry I thought-"

"No it was my fault I should have-"

"I was just trying to thank you-"

"Really, Princess it was just-"

Both Bellamy and Clarke's rush of excuses faded as they both laughed nervously. He ran a hand through his hair and she tired to look anywhere other than his eyes. It was an accident, that was all. It didn't mean anything. Yes her heart was pounding and yes she still felt his warmth on her lips and yes a part of her wanted to try again but that didn't mean anything. Clarke could practically hear Wells' voice contradicting her thoughts but she pushed him away.

"Well, we should probably, you know..." Clarke gestured at the door Bellamy was blocking.

He stared at her dumbly for a second, eyes still wide with shock, before registering her words. "Oh, right, uh, sorry." Bellamy jumped out of the way of the door and grabbed their bags. Clarke held the door open for him before following Bellamy into the house and up the stairs. On the upstairs landing he handed Clarke her large Vera Bradley tote and seemed to search her face at a loss for what to say. Clarke saved him the trouble.

"Well, goodnight," she stammered out awkwardly.

"Uh, yeah. Night."

Neither of them moved.

"Um, about... what happened, Bellamy. It was an accident; I swear I wasn't... I was going to kiss you on the cheek because-"

"Don't worry about it, Princess." The gravity in his eyes seemed to contradict the nonchalance of his words. Clarke nodded a little too enthusiastically.

"Yeah, uh, lets just forget about it, huh?"

"Like it never happened," he agreed.

"Just some weird fluke."

"Yep."

"Yeah."

"Okay well..."

"Oh, right. Uh, goodnight."

"Goodnight, Clarke."

"Thanks again, for everything."

"No problem."

"Right, goodnight. For real this time."

He chuckled, "For real. Goodnight."

They stared at each other for a moment longer before turning away to their respective rooms. Hours later Clarke still lay wide awake in bed trying hard to forget the awkward accident. It was a hard thing to do, though, when her senses were still overwhelmed by how close they had been, how his lips had felt, the strange look in his eyes afterwards. With a groan Clarke flopped onto her stomach. For the first time in months she hated Bellamy Blake again, though it was for a reason very different than it ever had been before.

Sure enough, the next morning Bellamy did a wonderful job of acting like they hadn't accidentally kissed the night before. Octavia rambled on about what she had done that week and questioned Clarke and Bellamy about DC and Wells. Bellamy easily slid into his signature sarcastic humor, teasing both girls while making them breakfast. From the outside Clarke was sure it seemed as if nothing had changed, but she could help but feel that underneath something was different.

In the middle of October Monty turned 21. He was the last of Octavia's friend to reach the landmark and she and Jasper were determined to make the most of it. Monty, however, begged for a small, simple dinner with the group and thanks to the help of Miller, Clarke was able to convince Octavia to settle for a big potluck at the Blake's.