Pad Thia And Gyros

AN: Yay!! I finally updated! Did I leave y'all hanging?! Comment "yes" if I left y'all hanging! Anyway this is so far the longest chapter and I hope y'all like it ! Enjoy !!

Clarke didn't want to wait to book a plane back to DC or even to get a ticket for Amtrak. Nobody knew what could change over the next 24 hours and she was determined to see Wells at least once before he died (if he died, she told herself repeatedly).

If it had been any other occasion, Clarke would have rejected, or at least put up more of a fight, when Bellamy offered to drive her to DC, but this was Wells. She wanted to leave immediately, however Bellamy insisted on waiting until the morning to avoid driving tired and still somewhat intoxicated. He had a week off before he began working with the police force, so they had plenty of time. Clarke tried to tell him that they did not, in fact, have plenty of time because her best friend had been shot in the street. In the end it was Octavia who calmed her down, laying in bed with Clarke and stroking her hair until she fell into a fitful sleep.

At 6:00 the next morning Clarke and Bellamy said goodbye to a tearful Octavia and began the ten and a half hour journey to the capital. Bellamy drove all day, silent as Clarke repeatedly called her mother for updates on Wells' condition.

Just after 5:00 they reached Washington. Clarke directed Bellamy to the house she had grown up in on Capital Hill and they quickly dropped their bags off before driving to Georgetown Hospital.

Her mother was waiting for her outside Wells' door. Despite the differences between the two women, they embraced tightly for a long moment before pulling apart. Abby looked curiously at Bellamy and then back to Clarke awaiting an explanation.

"This is Bellamy. He's one of my housemates; he drove me here. I'll explain more later just tell me what happened again now that we can talk in person."

"The police said that it was a criminal he helped put away when he was still working as a paralegal. You remember the Anderson case? How he was the one to find the slip up in the alibi? Well turns out Anderson was released on probation last week and blames Wells for getting put away. The lunatic apparently followed him around for a few days; yesterday afternoon he shot Wells in broad daylight outside the office."

"Oh my God." Tears were rolling down Clarke's cheeks as she imagined the scene.

"Fortunately the paramedics got there in time. They were able to stem the bleeding but Wells was unconscious and still hasn't woken up. Doctor Keller said its probably due to trauma but they aren't sure when or if he will wake up."

Clarke broke down in sobs. Abby wrapped her arms around her daughters whispering words of comfort as tears streamed down her own cheeks.

"Can I see him, Mom?"

"Of course, Thelonius is in there now but I'm sure it will help to see you."

"Oh God, Uncle Thelonius. First his Wells' mom and now-"

"There is still a chance he will pull through, Clarke. We need to stay hopeful."

Abby led Clarke into Wells' room as Bellamy took a seat outside.

Wells was lying on the hospital bed, various monitors and tubes hooked up around him. His father sat beside him, holding Wells' hand and watching his son mournfully.

"Thelonius." Her mom said quietly. The mayor turned around.

"Clarke! You made it." Clarke nodded and wiped at her eyes. "Good. He would want that." Thelonius looked back down at his unconscious son.

Clarke felt frozen in place as everything became very real. Wells was in a coma. Wells might die. Abby nudged her forward and Clarke walked towards the bed. She stood on the opposite side of Thelonius and grasped Wells' limp hand. A sob wracked her body followed by a second and a third. Abby came up behind her and pulled Clarke back into her arms.