Day Out-13

"So we are watching the film today? What time is it?"

"It begins at six." Alfonso responded with a smile to his voice, "we are leaving around five and right now it is twenty-seven past four on the clock.

She huffed childishly and picked the gathers of her skirt going out of the room silently. Alfonso let out one of his rare smirks and shook his head as she left the room. He picked up his book from the table and read on.

He did not think of Helena much, she was going to find her way around the house. She was used to it already.

Guilt hit him and he found himself standing up to call Helena, "Helen! Can we go now?" The female was gracefully walking into the room less than a minute later.

Jordan had already saddled the horse when they got out of the house. Two jet-black horses were securely saddled onto a beautiful gold and black carriage.

Helena's eyes widened as she looked at Alfonso waiting for him to explain. Alfonso smiled and handed her a box, plain and not wrapped in anything. She looked at him curiously but took the box nonetheless. She opened it slowly and dipped her hands into it to come out with two black and gold reins.

She was puzzled as she looked up at Alfonso who smiled easily, "It's for you, Ma Donna. I didn't know what you like so I decided on the carriage since the cargo came today. The style suits you that is why I told them to bring that one."

"When...when...oh my God..."

"When I was in hospital. Thomas visited so there you have it. Your carriage." Alfonso explained. Helena suddenly looked doubtful, "I can not drive a carriage."

"You can ride a horse so you will be able to drive a carriage... Come on Ma Donna, try the reins." Alfonso encouraged. Helena fastened the reigns on the horses and the couple got into the carriage. She was nervous but she seemed to hold command as she cajoled the horses to a start.

The horses took of, first with a trot for about five minutes before they started a fast gallop. She tightened the reins naturally and the horses ran as if they were being led by a specialist. She was a natural even though she would cast doubting glances at Alfonso who smiled at her reassuringly.

She drove the carriage to St Peter's easily as the road was empty and wide. She really was an expert in everything she put her mind into.

"We walk from here, not too far but it will buy us some time." Helena gave a nod before following Alfonso out of the carriage. Alfonso had tried opening the door for her at first but she seemed not to like it very much so he had resorted to giving her minimum attention if he could.

The walk to the cinema was quiet with occasional stops where Alfonso had to get Helena some ice cream and when he had to buy some tickets from a small crowded shop. Helena was just silent watching places as Alfonso led the way.

They arrived at the cinema just in time for the film. "Do you prefer popcorn or a juice or chocolate?"

"Uhm...I am not really sure..." Helena said below her breath and Alfonso smiled at the young boy behind the counter.

"Two buckets of popcorn, a juice - guava hundred percent fruit and some chocolate. I'm paying with a card. The expenses will be directed to Mine CDK private company."

"The cost will be seventeen pounds, anything else?" Alfonso looked at Helena who shook her head.

"Is this the woman you are courting now?" The young boy asked and Alfonso's jaw ticked a bit.

"No. She's my wife, Jeffrey. Now the things we ordered." Alfonso said sternly.

"Just...I saw her with Dawson, from St Peter's hospital, a couple of weeks before. I thought maybe-"