Shower- 10

Let us not waste time okay...

THE FORTNIGHT LATER...

Alfonso stood under the shower washing his body, God he smelt of those hospital gooey medicine and that disgusted him. It had been a long time since he had showered this much. He hated bathing at the hospital because they only hurriedly wiped his body if they did at all. His fifteen days at the hospital had been a horror... At least Helena had been there to read to him and chat to him. And oh he had to finish that play of hers,- The importance of being earnest.

That was a nice play, if only she had finished it and the other one...Othello. Those plays were really nice, especially the earnest one. Maybe if he had time one day they would go to the theatre and watch it. He had the connections and the money, sure sorting the movie out would not be a problem. He reached for the shampoo soaping his hands and running them through his hair massaging his scalp gently causing himself to close his eyes and slump his shoulders then groan softly at the sensation. He could even feel the dandruff on his fingers as he washed his hair. He got in under the shower washing the soap out of his hair.

Slowly he opened his eyes to be met by strands of his hair on the floor of the tub. The hair was pulling out easily as if he had shampooed with hair remover. He cursed in the shower and the moment the curse left his lips wished he had not done it because Helena might have heard him. But that would not matter since she spent hours in St Peter's with Doctor Dawson while he was in the hospital. She was probably infested with vulgar now.

Not thinking as a jealous husband at all. He groaned in frustration and put more shampoo on his head now pulling out the strands on purpose.

"I am sorry to inform you this but you have been Clatercynclosis... It's a cancer..." And Helen is enjoying herself in St Peters.

He pulled more strands from his head and groaned some more. Rare disease...madness, it was madness. Now they were giving him medicine that made him tired and nauseas. Medicine made people better not a billion times worse. His intestines knotted when he thought of the medicine. Combined with the smell of lavender shampoo his guts rose up and what came to his mind was beating the gag to the sink.

Quickly, he grabbed a towel and wrapped it around his shoulder running to the basin to throw up the pie he had just had. Helena had prepared it for him knowing that he was coming this day and to be honest that had totally flattered him. Was he supposed to be flattered by the way? But the rumours at the hospital bothered him a lot even though he knew they should not. Everyone at the hospital was talking about Helena with Dawson being a little more than just acquainted.

He threw up some more as he clutched the basin tightly until his biceps bulged involuntarily. He threw up even more until all he did was choke in gag reflexes. He felt like he would break the fragile ceramic bowl in his hands. Them himself breakdown and cry.

"It's a cancer."

He shook his head roughly now shivering from the cold. Pulling his towel from his waist, he covered his torso to protect himself from the cold sting. He took a mouthful of water and gurgled then spit it on the sink with a disgusted look on his face. His eyes now looked paler as he stared into the mirror.

"You'll have to go through chemotherapy."

Subconsciously he threw his fist into the mirror shattering it into pieces. He winced from the pain in his knuckles and washed the blood in them from under the sink.

"Make sure you do not get stressed because it will result in violence..."

"Well there will be violence! Fuck you Foster!" He drank water from the sink trying to drown the nausea rising but another gag caught up with him soon after he drank the water. When he was done, even with washing his face, he moved away from the bathroom slipping out the door to his bedroom. He had no cancer and his hair was not coming off. He was going to simply shave it off. There was no such thing as Clatercynclosis, and he was not getting any medicine for a nonexistent disease. Simple.

He pulled on a gown on his way to his bed and carelessly slumped onto the bed the moment he got there. His father had not visited him even once when he was in hospital for those two weeks. Senior's problem was that he thought giving someone money solved evey problem.

Alfonso could afford to get himself a room in the first class floor but that was not the point. The point was having someone visit and hold his hand while he was in a coma or what ever it was. At least Helena had visited even though he was there to see-

To see him, the husband and no one else. She read him novels and chatted a bit and sang him songs too. Maybe she would do that whenever he was in hospital. T
Even she the cancer got bad-No. The horror of cancer struck him, he would lose his hair one by one until he was bald. He wouldn't allow this, he was cutting his hair today.

He rose from his bed and dragged himself to the dressing closet where he pulled out a  bottle of lotion opening it slowly. The scent of the lotion struck his nose, and like a pregnant woman he was nauseas again. He quickly pulled away and ran to the bathroom and threw up the water he had just drank from the sink the moment he got there.

He took his toothbrush brushing his teeth, "Great, now the toothpaste tastes horrible! All the reason to stay a bachelor all my life..." He threw up again, this time he threw his toothbrush into the nearest trashcan and rinsed his mouth with water from the tap.

He dragged his sorry excuse of a body back to the bedroom, walking to the wardrobe, he pulled out his shirt throwing it onto his torso. He took out a pair of pants and put them on before going to his mirror.  He sat in front of his mirror and started combing his hair the way he liked it. A parting on the side and jelled up with curls on the crown.

The only problem was that, it was thinning on the crown. He cursed involuntarily, maybe he could do it today. The sooner the better. He got out of his bedroom and ran downstairs.

Helena was sitting on single couch reading a book. Her hair fell from her head covering the side of her face. He cleared his throat and Helena broke away from the book to meet Alfonso.

"Hey...Helen...will you shave my head please?"

##########################

That is it...

Sorry for the late update again

I write for you.…read for me