Shopping- 4

Alfonso knocked on her door quietly. Helena opened the door a crook and Alfonso forced a smile.
"We have to go for shopping, for the house."

"Oh....is it too far? We will be back soon right?" Alfonso nodded.

...............
'''''''''''''''''''

"Have you ever been on a train?" He asked casually. Their relationship was a question and answer and the were now settled on that one. There was non to blame they were both forced into that.

"No... I have never been out of home to be honest. So...what are we exactly buying?"

"Anything to change the house... Paint and furniture, anything."

She had to admit too, the walls of the house were too dark for her liking. Sometimes it scared her so she thought it would be great to have a change in the house since it was for the two of them now.

"So what is this place we are going to?"

"You will see, just enjoy the view out the window."

She was silent as the train moved in silence. She occasionally looked at Alfonso who seemed to be lost in thought. She zoned out for a minute thinking about back at home. It had been a while since she last thought about her mother and she realised she missed her a lot...a whole awful lot...well she also kind of missed her father too.

"Helen...Helen, we are here!!" Alfonso said nudging her arm and her eyes flipped open slowly. Helen? Uh...okay.

Helena? Helen? Helen did it better.

She squinted under the sharp rays of sunlight. Slowly she stood up and followed Alfonso who led the way.

They walked slowly out of the door and walked slowly out of the station. Then they got out strolling on the pavements.

When Alfonso turned, Helena was left behind staring through the French window. She was gazing at the piano behind the window.
Her eyes were glazed and she seemed lost in thought. There was an element of hypnosis in them as if she had been transported to a different world.

She shook her head as if to snap out of it but continued to stare at the cream hulk with a velvet red stool next to it. Its feet were golden- a wonderful blend when looking at its pale curve.

Grand pianos were meant to look grand weren't they?

"It's magnificent." Alfonso whispered looking at it too as he stood threateningly close to Helena.

Helena's mind snapped back to reality as she felt Alfonso's warm anatomy behind her. She blinked rapidly before clearing her throat awkwardly and moving aside.

"Can you play?" He whispered and Helena nodded slightly before stretching her fingers to the surface of the window and tracing it a bit. Talk about love at first sight.

"We should have it then. Let us buy the instrument- you will play it."

"Where will we put it? And...it's just a bit too expensive." Did it matter. Price at this moment did not matter, after all Alfonso owed her. He had put her into this.

Alfonso tore his glare from the piano and headed towards the door with Helena following right behind him.

"You do want it, true?" Helena seemed to decide on ignoring him for she simply averted her glance and pretended to be fascinated by the furniture in front of them.

"We will put it in the back hall. It is quiet and it has a nice scenario and a river flowing right in front of your eyes. I will show you when we get there. The colour of the piano will be suitable for the walls and the velvet red suede will be a perfect contrast when compared with the cream walls."

He knew that she wanted the huge piece of magnificence but was rather shy to admit it...or angry...or maybe sad.

"A pleasant afternoon sir and ma'am. Võlché Woods and Suedes welcomes you. May I assist you with anything?" The shop assistant's chirpy voice was rather annoying. He stood in front of the  couple smiling ridiculously in his black pair of trousers, and black waistcoat, a sky blue shirt and a matching baseball cap. He seemed incomplete in his dressing without a tie and a jacket.

"We would like to buy the piece," Alfonso pointed at the piano and without letting his glare leave the young man who leveled his oversized glasses and started scribbling on his notepad.

"We offer a twenty-four month's hire purchase with immediate effect. You deposit fifteen percent and fill in some papers then we will give you the payment plan." He said trying to sound a whole lot high-sounding and formal for his own good.

"We will buy it cash. We will take it tomorrow and we will only be able to pay then. Do you have trucks for hire because there is a few other stuff we will need."

"The piano is a bit too expensive to be bought on cash and...our trucks do not go into Brandower"

"We live in Clanville and if you don't get into that place then we will have to hire the truck at double price for the inconvenience." Alfonso said with a hint of irritation.

"The expenses are too high sir Diego and I mean we don't need it."

"We can afford it and besides...you want it so we will get it for you, Helen." Helen? Helena?...okay Helen sounded better.

Her eyes snapped to his at the mention of her name.

"Do you want it?" His voice was now calm and as if in a spell, Helena slowly nodded. To bring out the clarity she whispered, "Yes...yes I do."

"Good then," Alfonso looked at the shop assistant in front of them and said in a condescending tone, "So we will get it tomorrow at ten-thirty."

"We will be waiting for you. Call the shop at this number," the assistant handed Alfonso a contacts card, "I'll explain all there is to know tomorrow."

"It's not like we are buying a car it is just a grand piano, sir,"

"Yes Mr..." Oh he did not know his last name.

"Diego."

"It was a pleasure Mr and Miss Diego"

"It's Mr and Mrs...and thank you too. " Alfonso added.

They turned  on their  heels and left the shop quietly.

"We get to spend the night here. Do we get a hotel or an Inn?" Alfonso ventured wanting to hear Helena's views.

"Can we not go back to Clanville?"

"We need the piano tomorrow. Traveling time is very long so we can not go and come in one day. We will look for a hotel. Two rooms will not be very expensive, I think. Let's  walk around and see which one catches your interest again." He was trying very hard. Helena just nodded and they started walking around.

Turned out in the end of the day they had bought tiles, wall paper, cream paint, some furniture and decoration ceramics.

And hired painters.

Who knew two strangers could get that much work together in only a day.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Done!!!

Enjoy coz I'm enjoying writing this

I write for you... Read for me