Getting Green-11

"Hey...Helen...will you shave my head please...?" Helena looked up from her book to see Alfonso dandling an electrical razor by the cord. Helena nodded and immediately rose from the couch she was sitting on following Alfonso to his bedroom.

Alfonso watched with awe as she set up the shaving materials, connecting the razor and testing it out on his head, removing it and adjusting it and all that.

"Who taught you to hold the machine like that?" Alfonso asked as Helena began her work.

"Pa. I did his haircuts since I was eleven. I am good at it now. I am good with my fingers...on many things too."

Alfonso noted how Helena had relaxed in the last two weeks he was not around. She was more talkative but still calm and cool in tone.

"...many things?"

"Craft work. I can model with clay and draw."

That was nice. "Plates and flower pots?"

Helena chuckled a bit, "Flower pots were the work of the gardener. I mean I model humans...but they easily crack and shatter when the clay dries. I can model a clay sculpture of you if you want... I will go and get clay from the creek we went to, this evening then I'll sculpture you tomorrow morning..."

"Wait...I am intrigued. You can make a clay me? I don't  believe it." Alfonso said not buying any of it. He looked up at Helena who switched off the razor and waited to hear what he had to say.

"Believe it, my fingers can do anything," she winced a bit," Will you believe if I told you I almost punched the doctor's face..." Helena said her voice with no emotion at all. She shaved off the remains of his hair dusting him off as he dusted his arms and all.

"Why would you punch the doctor's face?" Alfonso asked playing with a few fine strands of hair before blowing them off his fingers.

"He was just irritating me..." She said exasperated, her British accent taking a pick in the tone of her voice. "He kept on telling me to stop crying and be strong for you but I wasn't crying. He was reading it from a script so yeah....I got irritated."

He tilted his head up to look at her from behind him, "today?"

"No, two weeks back. Day before they....I mean before the whole...dilemma..." She tensed then broke out, "Do you mind if I sing you the Willow song then draw you for proof that I can do craft work before I get ready to sculpture you?"

"It would be a pleasure..." She sighed and felt a weight lift off. It had been a while since they had conversed and she mused at the idea that every time they talked, she sang him a song after.

"You're smiling..."

She grinned further which almost scared Alfonso who had never seen her smile this much before. He had seen her smile once and it was just a hint on her lips after he had said a desperate joke about owning a chocolate factory the night they had met.  A fortnight was sure good enough to change someone then.

"I'm laughing at how horrible you look," she joked picking a bit on Dawson's sass and he looked at the mirror running a hand on his bald head ignoring her a bit.

His eyes looked a couple of shades paler that the ordinary blue they were. The remains of his eyelashes and eyebrows were a paler shade and fewer. His lips were a bit cracked...sure he was sick but his face did not scream, Death!! No one could realise this unless they came closer to him, plus he was like that because of the hospital otherwise he would be fine in a few days.

"Let nobody blame her, her scorn I do approve." That was a part from the song she had sung to her. Her smile widened as she was about to say something for counter attack but his eyebrow rose as if warning her about the consequences of uttering anything.