Apologizing- 12

Alfonso woke up early. He flipped his eyes and for a moment he was confused about where he had spent the night but soon all dawned back on him. Helena in his bedroom and his jealousy attack. He tamed his guilt quickly and swiftly got out of bed into his pajama sweaters and put on his loafers. It was a bit chilly when he got out of the guest room into the long corridors of his house but he did not seem to feel the sting of the cold, it was in fact what he needed that morning.

He ran down the stares to the servants' quarters. Knocking on Jordan's door he stood impatiently kicking on the carpet with his shoe. He knocked again but got no answer then decided on pushing the door open but the room was empty.

He dashed out of the room and ran out of the house to the barn where Jordan was feeding the horses with fresh hay and cold water he had taken from the well. The lad was in faded jeans and heavy brown boots, a heavy brown coat was strapped firmly around his torso. He looked gruff and huge. He was nothing like Alfonso who was always in formal wear except when he was in his black pajamas. Jordan frowned a bit at the intrusion but smiled as soon as he saw that it was Alfonso.

"Good morning Sir Diego. Snowball is expecting again, lovely news to start the day. It's a bit cold today, you'll swear it will not be hot mid afternoon if you did not know the place any better. Ya sleep well sir?" He said cheery brushing his hand over the mane of a chestnut horse. The horse nuzzled in the cowboy's arm but still focusing on eating the hay.

"I slept well I hope you did too. I want us to go to the creek to get clay before Helen wakes up." Alfonso said not forcing in the authority he just possessed. He always tried to sound in line with the situation but his businessman character always overpowered his informal side

"Okay. I see you are ready for the journey. Horse? Or you prefer we walk...I will get the buckets. And I am sorry my curiosity disputes ordinary mannerisms but...what does she want to do with the clay?"

"Sculpt. She wants to sculpt me, she's good at it." Jordan gave a slight nod and saddled the horse getting ready for the transportation of the clay to the house.
,,,,...,,,...,,,....,,,...,,,,,...
....,,,,....,,,,....,,,,,.,,,,,,,,,

"Helen...?" Alfonso called sticking his head into his room where Helena had spent the night. "Can I come in...?" His voice was low and dragging as if he was afraid of the way she would respond.

Helena got down from the bed and stood near it her head bowed as she waited for Alfonso to come in and state his purpose. Her hands were clutched in front of her in a submission gesture. She was already bathed, he could tell but she was still in her yesterday's clothing. She gave a slight movement with her head as a sign of greeting Alfonso but kept her eyes averted.

"Uhm...will you sculpt me? I got the clay already...."

"You mean... I...I can come out now?" He remembered that he might or might not have told her that he was never going to allow her out of the house again. He was stressed and most of the things said he honestly did not mean.

"Yes, you could have even come out yesterday. I was acting irrational and I am sorry... I just suspected the worst...between you and...and Dawson. I really do not care that he is at the other side of the fence...if you get me. Actually I am happy, not happy happy, that I am also in that situation but I mean I am fine and I appreciate who he is not that I envy it or anything," Helena did not help by interfering, she just listened as if the man talked sense when actually he was saying nothing.

"I appreciate who he is. We are married now so I have to support you, that is why I love what you and Dawson have, not that you have anything going on or that I love Dawson...I mean that you and Dawson are fine as friends and all...if you get what I'm saying...I think I should keep quiet." He said almost breathless from his ramble.