Day in bed- 16

Two weeks had passed since Alfonso had attempted suicide and now he had been brought home. He stayed in hospital since he had started radiotherapy but there was no treatment on weekends so he was home.

Helena looked at Alfonso in his sleep. She just prayed to God that he would be fine today, maybe they would walk to the waterfall again. "Why are you staring?" Helena looked at him confused but comprehending just fine. She was silent and he seemed as if he would not say anything soon. As betraying as impulse is she leant in and kissed his lips. He feebly cupped her chin but she was quick to pull away.

"Uhm.... This is..." He started.

"...wrong..." Alfonso coughed out barely audible.

"Yes I mean... It is unchaste."

Helena pulled out of bed and ran to open the blinders. "Good morning..." Her voice sang through Alfonso's ears as the sunshine struck his eyes. She walked over to bed sitting next to his lifeless anatomy.

"How are you?" She asked caressing Alfonso with her eyes and Alfonso drew his hand to the nape of her neck. Somehow he knew he was a scary sight but that did not mean he should not touch his wife when he wanted.

"Fi-ne," his voice broke as he tried to respond.

"I made oatmeal," she cheered pulling a bowl from the table for him to see, seemed like she had been awake fo long time now.

"You....?" He tried to raise his eyebrow but she caught him quickly saying, "Yes me. Sit up, sir, would you?" Alfonso wiggled in bed and Helena was more than willing to help him by fixing the pillows and keeping the shoulder covers shoulder high.

She took the bowl of cereal to blow on it so that it was cool enough for him to eat, a gesture that warmed Alfonso up and almost bring tears to his eyes. She was however oblivious of his feelings towards the affectionate gesture she had made as she gave Alfonso a spoonful. He looked at the ring on her finger which drew her attention to the hand with which she was carrying the spoon.
"What are you looking at?" She smiled at him, turned out their smiles communicated more than their voices did.

"You're left handed, is what I'm looking at," he lied taking her hand fingering the ring on her finger. She had never taken it off, he thought. She fed him another spoonful after smoothly drawing her hand away from him.

"Ma Donna...." he began,"do you regret it?" He whispered a croak. He was asking about their marriage.

Helena shook her head and leaned in towards Alfonso, "I regret nothing, I never regret things I have a say in and I had a say in this." She continued feeding Alfonso the oatmeal quietly.

"I need to use the bathroom..." his voice rasped but he continued, "...and the shower..."

"You really need it," she said faking a condescending look and scrunching her nose in exaggerated disgust. Alfonso grabbed her by the shoulders and pulled her on the bed with forced strength. She jerked too late, stumbled then fell on his torso. He started tickling her as she guffawed trying to get up and managing easily for he was too weak to pin her down. She pulled back laughing oblivious of his stare.

He looked at her dimpled cheeks which were now red due to the laugh. She was sitting at the other side of the bed as she hyperventilated to gain composure. She was pretty. Very beautiful. Her fair skin, blonde hair and green eyes. Her sylphlike body with heavy breasts and a smooth delicate hip curve was enough to keep anyone staring forever. Her pearly white smile and even her distant look, all looked very luring.

Something tugged at the pit of his stomach as he appreciated her looks. Something ticked on his mind as he registered her wonderful smile. Something pulled on his heartstrings as her laughter broke the silence of his bedroom. He looked at her and his eyes glazed. Okay, tickling her was a bad idea.