Hospital 2- 9

Helena opened her eyes to be struck by bright light across her eyes. Clair stood near the blinders smiling at her guiltily as she was the one who had opened the blinders and let the sun rays into the room. She was in full maid lace. Black maid tunic and a white apron, white knee high lace stockings and black pumps. Her hair was tied into a side bun under a black kitchen cap.

Helena sat up on her bed and smiled at the woman in front of her. "Good morrow," Helena nodded at the woman who had just greeted her.  "Annie said I can start work today morrow. I'll be in the scullery maiding unless them other acquaintances gonna be uncomfortable w'me aroun' an' all. You can choose what I'll do if you need to."

"You talk different." Helena noted.

Clair chuckled a bit then said, "Nay...you talk different. They'll talk like this in St Peter's. Sir Diego too. He's able to change it into all posh and high sounding like you though. I ran the bath for you as instructed by Annie. She said you'll be off to St Peter's with Jordan before noon. I have told Jordan to organize the transport.
Anything else for you m'lady?"

"You talk a lot but I love it. I love the way you talk too." She said already getting out of her bed and walking to the already run bath.

"I do talk a lot, don't I now?" Helena would explain about Clair as soon as Alfonso woke up, he would understand why there is a stranger in the house.

"Need anythin' else?" Helena shook her head and got into the bathroom to get her bath before she went out of the house to find Jordan already prepared for them to leave.

"Good morning Mrs Diego. It is almost impossible to tell that there was a heavy downpour yesterday night. Are you ready to leave?" Helena gave a slight nod looking at the sky then they were off to St Peter's as fast as Jordan could take them. Sometimes Helena felt that her silence could be mistaken for being rude. Instead of the condescendingly rude silence rich people possessed, Helena was naturally short of words. She never said much especially to people she was not well acquainted with. The roads were not slippery since the sun had played a huge part in drying the rain up.

It was however a bit cold despite the sun playing a losing game of trying to warm the living species in the world.

""""""""""""""""""""

Helena got into the hospital and headed straight to the reception as instructed by Doctor Foster the day before. She was nervous and wished that she had come in with Jordan rather than send him back home.

"Good morning. I'm looking for Sir Diego's room please." She said calmly and the receptionist smiled at her then looked at her book of records. She picked up her phone, spoke a series of numbers into it the started nodding. She mentioned Sir Diego's name and hummed a series of responses.

"He was moved into the first class ward, Sir Diego senior paid the expenses yesterday soon after you left. Sir Diego was put in room two-five-seven. Up the stairs, on the last floor and seventh door, you open it there is a corridor to the left. Pass three doors then you will find another corridor. He is on the second of last door. That's a bit confusing is it not?" Helena nodded then sighed.

"I'll try and survive looking for it."

She turned around and started walking towards the stairs when her name was called. She whipped her head to see Donald rushing over to her.

"How are you?" He asked handing her a cup of coffee then flashing one of his beautiful smiles.

"I fair well, Doctor Dawson but why are you so courteous to buy me another cup of espresso?"

Dawson raised a questioning eyebrow at her and then shrugged, "Nothing, I am just being me. So your husband's room, two-five-seven. I shall take you there. Shall we? And call me Donald please." Doctor Dawson led the way to Alfonso's room making petty conversations. He stood by the doorway of room two-five-seven motioning with her head for him to enter.