EPILOGUE

SEVEN ADOPTIONS AND TWENTY TWO YEARS AFTER THE LAST ONE!!

"Seriously grandma, you shouldn't have told us about you sleeping with grand pa...and...the him part. It's kind of gross," One of their granddaughters complained. At that moment Alfonso got in carrying a cup of coffee to sit next to Helena. He sipped it before handing it to Helena.

"Heyooo grammy, grandpa... Here is Tim, my best friend." George ran in. Helena shook her head and looked at Alfonso her eyes screaming "help*.

"Its Okay Helen. Let him alone. Its a new generation after all."

Tim had a piercing almost everywhere from brows to lips to nose. Jesus, he wore more rings than his fingers. His cherry red hair was spiked up and trimmed at the sides.

"Wait!" George said leaning against Tim, "You are not mad?"

"No we are not,"

"Good,because he...he is... he is my only friend, my best friend. Don't worry he doesn't have a tattoo."

"Grandma was just telling us about how she and grandpa met..." Kendyce said looking at her cousin. Then back at Helena with bewildered eyes.

"Wait...I'm not letting this go... You said he can keep that as a friend...I'm thirteen and I was not allowed to bring a good looking boyfriend and he brings his pin cushion of a friend then walla... All is well," Kendyce looked mad.

"Come on Kandy, ya know ya miss me...how 'bout dah date I's tellin' ya 'bout. Me an' ya on dah beach," Tim said chewing his gum.

"Who is your English teacher?"

"Miss Dawson y'all know her...she's a lil' good thing ya know...?"

"She lied about her degree" kendyce said looking disgusted as she stuck out her tongue and faked a gag.

"Is the bathroom scene over?" George asked settling down in front of Helena trying to end the conversation.

"Well we speak bathroom... I want new, I want to hear about St Peter's... And the horse!! I want a horse! Tell me grammy" three year old Gimma tried to steal the attention again but George pulled out some candy bribing him to go away.

"Ma? I'm taking Kathy and Stue to the dentist tomorrow morning so we can't stay for supper. I have to get home early too, Kelvin is serious about filing the divorce... turns out he can not marry a black woman after all, I'm sorry we can not stay for the Thanksgiving dinner." Stella their first adopted daughter spoke up. Helena's heart ached as she watched her daughter struggling to put a shoe on her youngest daughter, explain the situation to her type a message on the phone and hand the plane tickets to her other daughter. She had a lot going on and Helena could put a finger on it- stress.

"I should have read his mind. He just wanted to use my money and guess what? He did now he is vanishing. Typical of coloured men, I should have known, typical!"

She kissed Alfonso on the cheek, "Bye dad...bye mom" she held Helena's hand tightly not a tear escaping from her eyes. Stella never cried...she was strong and had a strong backbone unlike her other four sisters and two brothers. She waved goodbye and left after blowing kisses to everyone.

"Is Stella gone?" Jimmy and Joe- twin brothers came running downstairs. They were Indian, but it was not very visible since they had dyed their hair brunet. They both wore a stud on their left ears and whenever they came to visit they made sure to dress the same just to confuse the whole household. Trish knew however she lived with Joe for almost she can't remember. They look nothing the same! She would retort.