Hospital-23

The poor soul sat...

Helena pulled out a flower and dipped it in the water momentarily disturbing the flow by creating ripples. The fortnight was ending today and the hospital had not called yet. Doctor Foster had promised to call soon after Alfonso's review and the fact that he had not rung her sent cold shivers down her spine. Sir Diego...

Sighing under the sycamore tree...

She stood up and walked towards a log that lay near the creek. Her father had shown her the creek to cheer her up after she had told him about the wonderful place Sir Diego had taken her to. She however did not want to see some water flowing, she wanted to see sir Diego so badly that it hurt her so much.

Her hand on her bosom, her head on her knee.

She somehow knew Sir Diego had lied to her. The way his lip quivered when he told her that he had got what he wanted. The way he had suddenly changed. The way he talked on his phone when the phone bills were not paid. What scared and made her angry was why he lied. It bothered her a lot. This was not home for her anymore. Home was with Alfonso and everyone knew it but did not want to admit it yet.

** ** **

Alfonso shook terribly as the doctor held the bed pan close to him. He retched and a tear escaped from his eyes. His lips were a dark navy blue and there were huge and darker blots on his face now. He retched again and put his breathing mask back on, his hand was filled with intravenous tubes laying on the back of his hand. He trembled from the pain and shivered from the cold. He was so cold that his teeth engaged in a hopeless clutter that could not be stopped.

"Helen..." His voice trailed and he rose up and called again, "Helen... I need more blankets, what did you give me?"

"Imba wimbo wawupepo
Wakati unajiwana
Imba wimbo wawupepo...

He saw Helena. She was in her wedding dress and smiling at Alfonso who was in a black tuxedo smiling back at her. She looked pretty. Oh... she was pregnant. Her smile widened as she came towards him. She reached his feeble hand to meet her hand.

"Helena!" He screamed out to his visions.

"Should I order she be brought here sir?" the doctor asked but Alfonso shook his head. Helena would never love him like this, he was a huge living albino spider with skin as disgusting as a slug's. He was hairless and brow less. Helena would be scared of him that way. His lips cracked when he spoke and were too heavy for him to move them a lot.

"No...don't call her, don't tell her about me...wait... she is here....she is...with child." Hearing this Doctor Foster leapt on the phone seeking emergency.

"Doctor Foster on, I need an assistant, Mr Diego is in a crisis."

"Helen..." She smiled and handed Alfonso the baby, no two babies...no, four... Six...eight. Melanie... No! Helena.