Part 23 West

Lena got me ready for the day as usual. Having showered in my own bathroom, she had informed me that all of my belongings had already been moved to Valentino's rooms, something I was none too pleased with.

Lena, bringing me up in just my bathrobe and wet hair, shocked me by revealing a beautiful vanity table carved from dark wood to match the theme of the room. It was beautiful, with designs of roses carved into the shiny mirror frame.

"He thought it would help you settle." Lena explained, saying nothing more as she walked into the bathroom, me following behind. "He has also made sure that you no longer feel the need to bathe elsewhere."

I stood in the doorway with my mouth hanging open. Whilst one of the two bath tubs were left the same, the other had been lavishly decorated with candles along the side of the tub. Different types of body butters and creams were stored in a rack hanging from the side, along with shampoos, conditioners, body soaps, you name it.

Nonetheless, I was still uncomfortable with bathing in a room that Valentino had access to.

Seeing my look of disapproval, Lena frowned. "Valentino is not a gentleman by any means, but he has values that he holds dear. He would never cross that line."

I knew what line she meant, however it did nothing to help towards my hesitation.

Lena smiled gently. "It will take time, dear."

I said nothing as we walked back into the main bedroom. I stopped in my tracks when I saw the group of women standing in the centre of the room, looking extremely uncomfortable. They each wore navy blue dresses with sleeves, a simple white headband holding each of their hair back.

I turned to Lena in question, feeling the need to cover myself as I was in nothing but my thin bathrobe, my hair still wet.

"Natalie," Lena said in a robotic tone, her blue eyes cold as she shared a nod with each of the expressionless women, "meet Oma, Enna and Brea."

"Hello?" I said, unsure of what I should say.

Lena looked pissed. "They will be getting you ready this evening."

"Why, what's this evening?" I asked, looking between each of the women. They varied from different ages. The youngest being around my age and the oldest just younger than Lena.

"You have not told her yet?" The oldest said to Lena unkindly.

I frowned, mostly because of the way she was talking to Lena. "Told me what?"

Lena glared at the woman. "Why don't you tell her, Oma?"

I waited impatiently for Oma to speak, and as I did, noticed how all three of them wore pendants like my own.

"You're Ox's ." I stated bluntly, looking at Lena in shock. Why would Valentino bring hunters into his home?

Oma nodded. "We are from the tribe of the West. We have come with our leader, the sorcerer, who has requested that you dine with him this evening."

I saw Lena's body visibly stiffen. I felt deep sadness for her and her tribe, as whilst these girls still had a male to be their leader, all of Lena's tribe's men had been killed.

All because of Valentino's selfishness.

"I'll leave you to it." Lena said with obvious unease and anger. Walking towards me, she pulled me into a hug and left, but not before whispering in my ear, "The sorcerer is interested in you, my darling. And the sorcerer is never interested in anything."