Part 3 Escape

The worst part of this entire situation was that I had never craved a donut so much in my whole life.

I wish I was joking.

Done with crying, I let my eyes scan my surroundings for a means of escape. That turned out to be a little difficult as I couldn't see a thing and I had three bloody metal bars holding me in place.

I sucked in a breath, counting the ten, something the doctor told me to do when I was ten and dealing with anxiety.

One...

What the hell am I going to do?

Two...

What the hell does he want with me?

Three...

God I really want a custard donut.

Four...

Where am I?

Five...

Am I far from home?

Six...

If I screamed, would anyone hear me?

Seven...

Would anyone even come?

Eight...

I just want to be home right now.

Nine...

With Robbie, watching bad films until we pass out.

Ten...

I want-

My thoughts are cut of by a sudden idea. Looking down, my breath still sucked in from the count, I see that my stomach has left a great gap between itself and the metal bars on my chest.

Enough to wiggle myself free?

There was only one way to find out...

Taking the deepest breath I possibly could, I slowly began to shimmy my way down the length of the bed. When the metal bars reached my face, it was slightly uncomfortable but not painful. Once it got to my actual head, I squeezed my eyes shut in fear. Images flashed in the mind from the time my older brother got his head stuck between the bars of our stairs banister.

When I opened my eyes, I was free. Great relief and victory washed over me in a great wave as I jumped down from what could be called a bed, when in reality it was a cage in the form of a one.

I winced when my bare feet met with cold stone, shivers shooting up my bare legs. At first, for a horrifying second, I thought that I was naked. Then I felt down and saw I was actually wearing some sort of skimpy lingerie.

The hell?

I don't even wear this type of stuff for my boyfriend at home. Usually just my normal shorts and shirt with a funny quote of Disney character on. This is way out of my comfort zone. But I suppose all of this is.