Chapter twenty one

Estella's POV

Today was father Kieran's funeral. Klaus told me about last night. How Kieran died because of the hex and tried to kill camille. He was actually a really good man. It's a shame for him to die like that.

I put on a black skirt, tights, top. A leather jacket and some shoes. Then I met up with the rest to go to Rousseau's for the funeral.

Klaus and Elijah where sat at a table talking so I walked over to them.

"I will warn you, estella, Niklaus is in a spectacularly foul mood today." Elijah says and I smirk.
"Sod off." Klaus said to Elijah and I laughed.

"What's the deal with these moonlight rings? Hayley said that Oliver's trying to set a revolution every five seconds. People are scared, angry, she is tired of stalling." I told klaus.

"It's a day of peace. Try and enjoy it. And, in the mean time you can stay with us even when you go outside. There are lots of enemies." Klaus said to me.

"Brilliant! Yeah lock me up but I will just escape." I said sarcastically. I am capable of looking after myself. I done it when I was human, vampire and I'm pretty sure I can do it as a werewolf." I said to them annoyed.

"Tell Hayley, The rings are in progress. I will live up to my word. We will find and punish whoever launched the attack on the Bayou, and you will do as I say for your safety! But, right now I'm gonna finish this bottle and the next, in the hopes of drowning the demon who has chosen today to haunt me." He says and chugs the bottle of scotch.
"Cheers, Mikael. Impeccable, Freudian timing." Klaus says.

"Elaborate." Elijah says. We both were concerned. "Have you dreamt of our father?" Elijah asks.
"Go ahead, have a good laugh." Klaus says.
"I can assure you there is no piece of this that I find even remotely amusing, Niklaus. Especially considering I've been dreaming of him, too." Elijah says.

"No." I say worried.
"What?" Klaus asks.
"If you are also seeing him..." Elijah stops when I get sure to Genevieve with my eyes. He nods. "Perhaps our elusive, unknown enemy is orchestrating a further attack?" He says.

"Well, then. What better way to punctuate a day of peace than by killing someone?" Klaus says and smiles and waves at her. I give her a glare.

-------------------

They both went to corner Genevieve. I didn't feel the need to follow. Elijah hates her just as much as me so my opinion is the same as his on the matter.

I went back to the mikaelson compound and Elijah was there. He told me about how she promised to find something and klaus Let her go.
I was fuming so was he but then she actually turned up.

"Genevieve." Elijah greets.
"I asked around. It's not just your father. The purgatory where supernatural souls are trapped is disintegrating." She says.

"What?" I ask confused.
"She's right... more or less. It's actually imploding. A made a call to a rather reluctant Bennett witch in Mystic Falls who said the same thing. The dead are being torn away into nothingness. And, they're not interested in going quietly." Klaus tells us.

"Mystic falls. What a dreadful place." I comment to myself.
"So, you're saying that our father, faced with permanent extinction, has decided to spend his remaining tormenting us? How delightful!" Elijah sarcastically shouts.