Chapter twelve

Estella's POV

I walked downstairs after getting showered and changed. I saw marcel drinking alone so I decided to give him so company.

"I'm sorry for your loss marcel." I said giving him a wry smile.
He looked at me and nodded.

We sat in comfortable silence but then someone came and ruined it.

"Well isn't this comfortable. Ugh, is this what's it's come to? I bear the full weight of our kingdom while you pout like a child." He said annoyed.
"You wanted to be king. Besides, you look like you got it covered." Marcel retorted.

"If the men see you shirk your duties, they're likely to do the same." Klaus argued.
"He's grieving." I said annoyed.

"I told you, I am not in the mood for vampire hijinks." Marcel said.
"No. You'd rather sit wallowing in sorrow for your lost little friend." Klaus said.
"Are you serious?" I asked. Marcel stands up. "Don't push me right now." Marcel warned.

"I am sorry Davina is gone, okay? I'm sorry. But this mournful attitude is unworthy of you, and it's boring to me." Klaus said. I went to call him something but Diego enters the room looking worried.

"Hey, guys, we got a problem." He said.

-------------------

I managed to persuade klaus to let me come. Marcel stuck up for me despite how he is feeling. We were stood in the cauldron looking at two dead vampires with an all too familiar carving on their forehead. Their bodies were laid in a circle of salt with runic symbols inside. This worried me.

"We came to mess with the witches, just like you said. And these two, they went missing. Found them like this, not even staked. Just dead." Diego said.

"That's two more of my guys gone. Nice job, Captain." Marcel says to klaus. Marcel takes one look at his dead men, puts his hood up, turns around, and starts to walk away.

"Where are you going? Someone has to account for this!" Klaus shouts at him.
"You want revenge, get it yourself. That mark is tied to some bad mojo. Any of y'all got any brains, you'll head back to the compound and stay the hell out of this." Marcel says and walks away.

"We're gonna find whoever did this, and I will show them what suffering is." Klaus says to Diego.

"I hope it isn't him." I say to klaus.
"Don't be stupid Estella. He is dead." Klaus said to me and I flipped him off.

------------------

I followed klaus to the courtyard. Not because I ant to be with the him but because I'm a nosy girl.
Elijah and Diego were with us and we were discussing the current dilemma.

"Ah! Someone will die for this." Klaus promised.
"Remarkably, I don't disagree. However, I would like to know where they learned such dark magic." Elijah says and I nod.

"I had hoped never to see that symbol again. I recall it is the signature of a fool who once stood against us." Klaus says.
"Clearly, some upstart witch is salvaging old tricks." Elijah points out.
"I hated that creep." I said.

"I'll do for him as I did the other." Klaus says and He turns to Diego. "Diego, when night falls, I want you to gather every vampire in the Quarter. Get me the head of whoever did this and put it on a stick." Klaus orders.