Chapter eleven

Estella's POV

Me, Elijah, and klaus where all looking through a book about witches and discussing it.

"The Italians call them strega. The Yoruba of West Africa call them aje, meaning mother. Where my mother was from, they called them häxa, and here we call them witch. Over the centuries, vampires have fought them and fought beside them, bedded them and burned them. Whether adversary or ally, they have been a force to be reckoned with. Their ancestral magic anchors this city. There's never been one all-powerful witch until Davina." Elijah informs us.

"Who is now tucked in safe and sound down the hall under my protection. Your Celeste was quite beautiful and a portent of evil, according to our volatile artist in residence." Klaus said.
"Yes. Perhaps Davina's mistaken what she calls evil for power. Celeste was certainly very powerful in her day, but she's been dead for over two hundred years. I don't understand. Why all these sketches now?" Elijah said and I looked down remembering Hayley.

"Why does any witch do anything?" I say while composing myself.

Upstairs we can hear screaming and things breaking of Davina and marcel. He's trying got make it up to her but she isn't having any of it.

"Well, that's going well." Klaus says.
"If you were trying to win the girl's trust, perhaps poisoning her one true love was not the most splendid idea." Elijah tells his brother.
"Oh. Are there any more inopportune deaths you'd like to wave in my face?" Klaus asks.

"Give me a month. I'll get you list." Elijah sarcastically says.
"I can get you a list by the end of the day if you're that eager." I say earning a glare from klaus.

Elijah looks between us with a weird expression.

"Young, old, dead, or alive, witches are a pain in the ass." Klaus says with a smirk.
"So are you." I say with a smirk.

----------------------

A loud noise is heard upstairs so klaus goes to check it out leaving me and Elijah and Rebekah.
"Why are you angry at my brother?" Elijah asks. Despite what you think Elijah loves gossip.

"We had an argument and now I hate him." I say with a shrug.

He was about to ask something else but Hayley walked in the room.

"Elijah? There's something you need to know." She says to him.
Suddenly, the house begins to shake violently, as though it's an earthquake. We go outside and look over the balcony and nothing.

"What the hell is going on?" Rebekah asks.

Klaus walks out to join us, looking grim
"Davina." He says.

-----------------------

I was walking down the compound when I bumped into a Hayley who looked hurt.

"Are you okay? What's up?" I asked concerned.
"I told Elijah. He didn't take it well." She told me.

"I don't blame him. He loved her." I say.
"I feel really guilty now." She says.

--------------------

Me, klaus and Rebekah where all sat in the compound. Hayley is sulking over Elijah somewhere. Then Elijah walks through the door with Sophie.

"So you have stolen the remains of the very person that Davina's been drawing for months. Would you care to explain this startling coincidence?" Elijah demand sin a polite way.