Chapter thirteen

Estella's POV

Me, Elijah, klaus and marcel where looking at papa tundes body. Well me, klaus and marcel were stood up from afar watching Elijah stood kneeled over it. He might as well be straddling the corpse.

"Can I get you anything, brother? A magnifying glass? A pipe, perhaps?" Klaus asks mocking Elijah.
"You have a theory you'd like to share with us, Niklaus?" Elijah asks.
"I knew it was him and you called me stupid." I said to klaus.

"Back in the day, the witches wanted to send a threat, they'd just kill a chicken and leave it on your doorstep." Marcel said.
"It's rather a large and ominous chicken, wouldn't you say?" Elijah said sarcastically and I laughed. Klaus glared at us both.

"Papa Tunde defeated Rebekah with ease, almost got the two of us as well. If he was supposed to be the prize fighter, why leave him for dead in our front yard?" Klaus asks and Rebekah joins us.

"Well, don't you look cheery. Listen to this-- A girl literally exploded from a grave today as Sabine was giving a tour of the city of the dead. It was Monique Deveraux." Rebekah said and I looked up shocked.
"What?" I asked.
"The tourists thought it was part of the show, but the witches are celebrating like it's some kind of bloody miracle." Rebekah said.
"Maybe it is. They think that all hope is lost, but now suddenly a Harvest girl is resurrected. This is how we're gonna get Davina back-– kill the witch who took her place." Marcel said.
"I do love a witch hunt." I said remembering when me and Kol would track down witches. He would play with the pretty ones.

Hayley returns home.

"I have a theory about who one of them could be. Celeste. I mean, it's got to be. Davina was trying to tell us, she was drawing pictures of Celeste. She was warning us that a great evil is coming.
Klaus: First, Papa Tunde returns to settle old scores, now your murdered lover is back. This isn't witches attacking vampires. They're declaring war on us." Hayley said and I nodded.

-------------------

I joined Rebekah and Elijah in the study.

"It's not too early for scotch, is it, with all the witchy shenanigans and subterfuge afoot?" Rebekah said and poured herself a drink.
"No it isn't. I would be on my third glass by now." I said to her.
"It is entirely too early if one intends to drive, yes." Elijah said and I looked at him funny.

"Funny, I don't have any plans to go anywhere." Rebekah said.
"They're not safe here. You have to take Hayley and Estella to the plantation house until this is over." Elijah told her.
"Excuse me but Estella is right here and she can take care of herself." I said in third person.

"Are you worried about them, or whether or not you can trust me?" Rebekah asks. What is going on?
"It's precisely because I trust you that I'm asking you to do this." Elijah assured her.
"Here's a novel idea-- why don't you let them decide for themselves? Why are you dictating their fate?" Rebekah asks.

"You know why." Elijah said.
"I don't." I pointed out.
"Then perhaps you should take her yourself." Rebekah said emphasising the her.
"Yes I do." I said he has a crush on Hayley. How cute.

"Well, then that would make me the very hypocrite you've accused me of being. Rebekah, I cannot legislate my feelings. My actions, however... So, would you kindly do this for me?" Elijah said. When he said like that no one could say no to the poor fella.

"You know these wolves love to be told what to do. She's not gonna like it. But I will do it for you, if only to end this silly quarrel between the two of us." Rebekah said and leaves the room.