9. Happy Diwali!

*Sunday (Diwali) *

Virat’s POV

Dear Diary,

Today is Diwali and unlike every year, I won’t be celebrating it with mom and my siblings. Mom and the rest of the peeps are out to some of my relations’ place, and I’m gonna go to Mahi bhai’s house... He’s having a mini diwali get-together—it’d be just our teammates, Arnav and Satakshi. Yeah, I have forced Satakshi to come over. Actually, she is very scared of crackers, bombs and stuff... So it’ll be fun to scare her! *evil laugh*

I don’t know why but I really enjoy her company. Everything seems so right when she’s around. Don’t take it in a wrong sense though—we are just friends. Best friends. That’s all. It’s just that... Idk, we are so... SIMILAR. We have almost the same likes and dislikes (except her dislike for cricket and extraordinary phobia of a heck lot of things). She is a really nice, lively and cheerful girl. I’m really glad to have found such a friend like her. When I come to think of it, it’s so incredible—how we had met...

Oh shit. What the hell am I doing here!? Its 6:15 right now and I’ve got to get ready and pick up Satakshi at 7 sharp! Oh freak. Bye for now.

*After one hour and 15 minutes*

I pulled my car into the huge driveway of the much familiar Satakshi’s house, which was beautifully decorated with lights. She was standing outside, waiting for me. I checked her out from bottom to top, awestruck. She looked breathtakingly beautiful. She was dressed in Indian attire, which made her look all the more gorgeous. The suit complemented her body well. Indian girls always looked prettier in Indian clothes. I slowly lifted my gaze to look into her eyes... those beautiful black eyes... Wow! But I soon realized the look in her eyes. I looked at my watch—7:30. I AM WHOLE 30 MINUTES LATE! She is gonna kill me for sure.

I quickly got out of the car to open the passenger door for her as she started walking towards me. As soon as both of us were seated, I started the engine, expecting her to shower her rage any time. But finally when she did say something, it was completely something which I hadn’t anticipated. She asked in a calm voice,

“What made you so late? You could’ve told me right?” Wow.

I replied back casually,

“Sorry re... Actually I lost track of time and it took me a while to get dressed and it took me a while to get dressed... Plus, people were burning crackers on the road so I got stuck there...”

“Oh...” She said.

“By the way, you’re looking beautiful.”

She blushed and replied,

“Thanks... You don’t look bad yourself!” Then she continued,

“By the way, HAPPY DIWALI!”

I laughed and said, “HAPPY DIWALI!” Giving her a side hug.

*After car ride*

“Look who’s here!” Sakshi bhabi (Mahi bhai’s wife) exclaimed as she opened the door.

“Happy Diwali bhabi!” I said, hugging her. Sakshi bhabi was like my sister—She was only two years older than me, but nevertheless, I called her bhabi cause the other lads did! After wishing me, she turned to Satakshi and said,

“You must be Satakshi, right?”

“Yeah, and you must be Mahi bhai’s wife?”

“Yeah, call me Sakshi... So we finally met! Happy Diwali!” She said, wrapping her arms around Satakshi.