2. "Friends?"

Virat's POV

She continued shouting profanities at me. And believe me, it was not an ordinary thing for me--people shouting at me like that. This girl certainly didn't know who I was, I was assured about it till then. When I thought I'd had enough of the girl's rant, I finally managed to say--

"Hey, I'm really sorry--"

"Satakshi."

"Umm nice name, Satakshi. And I'm really sorry for what I did to your baby. I was absent minded and I really didn't do it intentionally. I admit it's my fault. I promise I'd pay for her repair."

As I said this, I noticed the look on her face suddenly softened. I saw that her anger was fading now. I think she was waiting for me to apologize. Why didn't I apologize earlier? Cause you were busy staring at her, the voice at he back of my mind said. I hastily shook the thought off.

"Oh, that's really sweet of you--", she stopped, waiting for me to say my name. Now is she the same girl who was literally shouting at me? Woah, people have wonderful double sides!

"Virat. Virat Kohli." I said in a matter-of-fact manner. Maybe she must have at least heard my name?

"Oh, that's really nice of you, Virat, to pay for her repair.. But it's fine--I got it. I'm glad you finally cared to say sorry!" She chuckled.

"Actually I would have told it quite before.. But you know this stupid 'ego'.. It always comes in between. I was actually tryina act cool..." My voice trailed off. I was feeling so embarrassed. And guilty. But why? Why should I care about what the girl thinks about me? But I dunno why, I did care. She started laughing as soon as she heard me. Great. First she doesn't recognize me and then she laughs at me. I am yet to get acquainted to this.

"What?" I asked.

"You're so frank! And funny.. I hadn't laughed like this in ages!"

I was delighted. A girl, who didn't know me, actually gave me a compliment! Not like I don't get compliments frequently, I am used to getting loads of them on twitter every other day.. But this was a different case. I knew she was telling the truth because she had no reason whatsoever to flatter me; she was not my fan. I said-

"Why? You were waiting for me to come and make you laugh?" A little flirting would surely do no harm to me, eh?

"Flirt!" She exclaimed.

"That's not the answer to my question! Why had you not laughed in ages?!"

"Well..."

I saw she hesitated. Might as well not force her to say it. I have no right to know about anyone's personal life.

"You are free not to say it, you know. It's fine with me." I said.

"Oh no.. It's nothing like that. I was just... Trying to control my tears.. And I realized I shouldn't be shedding my tears over him."

"Him?"

"My boyfriend. I mean ex-boyfriend. Things hadn't been good between us since the past few weeks... I just returned after breaking up with him. Finally realized he wasn't 'the one'. "

"Oh. I'm so sorry."

"Don't be. I'm not."

"Hmm. Now that explains the outrage! Kisi ka gussa kissi aur ke upar nikaal dia!"

"Now don't make me regret my words. I was really not in the best of my moods, you get it?"

"Yeah, yeah, I get it. Chuck it!" I said, acting nonchalant. No sooner had I finished speaking than a boy walked up to us and holding out an autograph book and pen, said to me--

"Sir! I am a great fan of yours! Please can I get your autograph?"

"Sure," I said, taking the autograph book and pen from him. A new page was opened up by him, with the heading--

'Vice Captain of India, Virat Kohli'

I was in the middle of signing when Satakshi said--

"Are you, like, famous or something?"

Satakshi's POV

"Are you, like, famous or something?" I asked Virat.

Of course he is, idiot. Or else why would anyone ask him for his autograph? I'm seriously crazy. Before Virat could answer me, the boy spoke up--

"Ma'am, you don't know Virat Kohli! Why, he's the vice-captain of the Indian Cricket Team! And also, he's the captain of the Royal Challengers Bangalore (RCB)! He is the best cricketer in the world!"

Till then, Virat had completed signing his autograph. The boy then thanked Virat and left. I felt like an idiot. I should be having some basic knowledge about cricket, I realized. "No wonder I didn't recognize him," I whispered to myself. But I guess I spoke loudly enough for him to hear me.

"You didn't really know me?" he said.

"Uh--nah. Sorry to disappoint you, but I have no idea at all about cricket!" I said.

"Oh.. Don;t worry! Now that we are friends, you'll get to know about cricket, I'll tell you!"

"Huh? So we are 'friends' already? By meeting once?"

"We have met once, but who said we won't be meeting again in the future? We can be friends, you know? Let's meet for coffee sometime?"

"Would you even remember me after you get back home? Please don't ask me out for a coffee and then disappoint me."

"Of course not, Satakshi! How could I forget the girl and her amazing rant! And I'm pretty serious when I'm asking you for a coffee."

"Umm... You sure?"

"I guess I just said I was pretty sure?"

"Yeah.. But.. Umm.. you know.. You're not busy or something? And umm.. you don't have any problem going out with ME?"

"Of course not! If I had any problem would have I asked you in the first place? Now will you please tell me if you'll come or not?"

"Oh sure, I'd love to come. This Saturday?"

"You mean tomorrow, right?" He smiled.

Idiot! Tomorrow's Saturday! How could I forget!

I said, "Oh, yes.." and laughed along with him.

"Okay well.... So let's meet at Fiona's Coffee Shop? I'll come to pick you up since you won't be able to use your 'baby'!"

"Shit! Now that you have mentioned it, would you care to drop me home? I have excused you from paying the repairing fees, but that doesn't mean I'd go by a stupid bus just because of your foolishness!"

"Haha. Sure I can drop you home. And what about your baby?"

"I'll come to pick it up later..." I said. It's not like I had another option.

"Alright," he said, leading me to his car.

(A/N:)

Hey guys. Hope you liked this chapter. Will be adding new ones soon!

Don't forget to comment below.

xx